slabghost 75 gl 1000 resto on a fundless approach

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MarkB":12isjdjl said:
dan filipi":12isjdjl said:
slab and I are countin on ya Joe since it looks like we'll be riding that bike back to his place in August.

No pressure, or anything...... :nea:

Mark

:smilie_happy:

you ought to see me now beav im pushing the old guy thing big time for the next big band im in ...killer drummer with long grey and black beard .... :smilie_happy: :shock: :hihihi:

Joe you are growing a beard? Or have you grown one already...??? You have Goldwing syndrome BIGTIME man...Most guy's wouldn't want to fudge with that bike, but you have that drive, and I know it well, because I'm the same way, turn nothing into something nice..I'm behind yeh Joe, keep those photo's coming, nice photo's by the way...

joedrum":2axablaw said:
well mark with my farming background this barn im working in is a step up from the shop thats in the middle of a 100acre field :hihihi: there no power no shelter no way to get to a shop ...all totaled work ive done in the middle of a field ...its adds up to quite the hours ...like a wing with a couple hundred thousand on the odometer ...

yea Joe, and why is it that in the middle of the field breakdowns are never in 70 degree weather with a nice breeze. Well, maybe up north there. :smilie_happy:

how about combine trouble on froozen ground or that it seems every part wieghs 100 lbs or more ...or in the mud ....the fact it needed to be done yesterday ...no working on a wing in the building is dam near heaven compared to field working on monster machinery :rant: :whip: :hihihi:

joedrum":1v3hbytj said:
how about combine trouble on froozen ground or that it seems every part wieghs 100 lbs or more ...or in the mud ....the fact it needed to be done yesterday ...no working on a wing in the building is dam near heaven compared to field working on monster machinery :rant: :whip: :hihihi:

:smilie_happy: Amen brother. I would rather have it hot than that frozen stuff. Everything takes 3x longer to do in the cold. Although in the cold, the grain dust falling off the combine into your face doesn't stick as bad if your not sweating. :fiddle: I agree, working on these wings is actually fun. Did I officially hijack this thread? :mrgreen:

yesterday i didnt do to much on the 75 ....but i did do some cleaning up and rig the ignition up to check for spark ...did this just by turning the crank by hand with the plugs out touching the valve covers ...heres some pics
image.php

you can see the alligator clips hooked to the dyna lead and the other end hooked up to the bottom fuse on the 75 ...this is a switched power sorce...so its all just temp hook up just for testing .... :mrgreen: its getting cleaner :hihihi:

hmmm seems i unhook it from the fuse box before i took the pic
image.php

image.php

well after chatting with dan and chas ..dan said dont get buried in the snow and he would not get sunburned ...well i didnt get bury in the snow but i did fall down on the steep grade here and broke some ribs id say :rant: id like to jump up and down like the rant guy but it hurts to much to....so im going to stay inside now and work on Vs carbs ill take some pics and post along the way

maybe ill be lucky and there not broke i take forever to heal now days ...i just had to stay on my feet long enough to realy develope some speed while sliding before falling ...i would have been a lot better off just to go down quickly ....but thats against my nature and would never happen that way if i could keep my balance ....one of my best traits keeping my balance but even the best of us can go down ...hopefuly ican keep my balance in the chair at the table while working on the carbs :hihihi: