slabghost 75 gl 1000 resto on a fundless approach

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joedrum

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well today i broke the bolts on the 75 ....sure was rough getting the vetter off the bike ....i didnt do to much today just got it in place and started striping it ...heres some pics ...im going about this in a way that the bike will prove itself before much is spent on it ....motor is free moving ...that the first thing out of the way ...next will getting things strip down to get timing belt cover off to look in there and check timing .....anyway pics i hope to keep up on to make a nice thread seems everytime i do something the picture posting gose off line
image.php

image.php

image.php

this is after i did some vetter removal what a fit it gave me...

I'd have put it up a little closer to the tree stump. Natural working stool, right there!

Mark

thanks beav im hoping it comes out just like the 77 did its in my sig and in one of the pics

yes dan i was about ready to use it on the vetter frairing .... :rant:

mark that is my stool its not rooted there ...i love that its just the right hieght :mrgreen:

i tested my building with that chain hoist ...and pick my 83 completely off the ground ...that was the stress test the hoist is 18ft from any post that gose to the ground

its so soft right now i didnt want the bke falling over on me ...i was begining to think no one was going to catch that

Hey Joe, I have a idea for you, remember my breakaway ramp, well all you would need to build would be the front section for the center stand to the wheel, lift your bike with your chain hoist and set it down on your platform, or not...just an idea...

well worked on slabs bike today ,,,,mostly stripping down ...radiator out it was empty so off to check real good....heat sheild out ....timing covers off ....seat ..false tank...sissy bar and rack...carbs loose ...didnt realy check anything but outside stuff ...showed sign of ignition shorted on the dyna power lead connection ...probably why the dyna picups were missing....heres today doing in a coupl pics ...its dirty under skin than the outside was :mrgreen:
image.php

image.php

it didnt take long today to get the carbs off the bike ....im realy pleased so far on the carbs everythig moves fine ....i need to come up with a throttle grip control for bars ...one of the things that was missing on this bike ...heres some pics
image.php

image.php

I think this is going to be a fun thread.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the ones where guys have immaculate shops and all the great tools, all the great parts. Those are cool.

This is a low budget rescue and looks really fun. I’ll be following closely.

Curious, though… Joe’s working on Slabghost’s bike?

Mark

well mark with my farming background this barn im working in is a step up from the shop thats in the middle of a 100acre field :hihihi: there no power no shelter no way to get to a shop ...all totaled work ive done in the middle of a field ...its adds up to quite the hours ...like a wing with a couple hundred thousand on the odometer ...

anyway about slabs bike here he bought from northern indiana i went and pic it up for him and brought it here as we share adventure together and it just makes the best way to get it done ....we are quite the buddys and this is friendship at its best ...slab had no way or time to get the bike himself ...the bike was a great deal and needed to get done so this is what we did to get that part over ...now that it here its best for it to get done here no reason not to ...the bike is still a long ways from slabs house ...thats the story :mrgreen:

joedrum":2u9tds6k said:
well mark with my farming background this barn im working in is a step up from the shop thats in the middle of a 100acre field :hihihi: there no power no shelter no way to get to a shop ...all totaled work ive done in the middle of a field ...its adds up to quite the hours ...like a wing with a couple hundred thousand on the odometer ...

I'm not judging; it all sounds like fun to me and trust me, I'm a pretty low budget guy! That's why I'm following this thread with great interest!

joedrum":2u9tds6k said:
anyway about slabs bike here he bought from northern indiana i went and pic it up for him and brought it here as we share adventure together and it just makes the best way to get it done ....we are quite the buddys and this is friendship at its best ...slab had no way or time to get the bike himself ...the bike was a great deal and needed to get done so this is what we did to get that part over ...now that it here its best for it to get done here no reason not to ...the bike is still a long ways from slabs house ...thats the story :mrgreen:

That's what I was looking for; the rest of the story! Thanks for filling in the blanks. Not that it's any of my business! :oops:

Mark

dan filipi":28alky2z said:
slab and I are countin on ya Joe since it looks like we'll be riding that bike back to his place in August.

No pressure, or anything...... :nea:

Mark