So I bought this...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bronko37

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So yesterday on my never ending pursuit of motorcycledom I stumbled across this beauty. So I picked her up. She is a 1973 Honda CB750 K3 and it was 4 miles from my house. Anyone interested in purchasing the Hannigan Fairing, I have the lowers as well. PM me if you are interested. I cant wait to tear into this bike but only after I complete the "sexy bi^@h" motor rebuild.

Attachments

• IMG_2525.JPG
    IMG_2525.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 567
The hannigan fairing is pretty neat, if your into that kinda thing. I also have the lowers for it. Im gonna clean it all up and take some pics. I hear those fairings are hard to come by and sell for good money. If I can squeeze enough funds out of it to get some new rubber it would be a good deal in my mind.

Once I get some better pics of it Ill post them for yall to see.

Here is a link of some pics of bikes with this style of fairing on it. They are very Euro.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hanniga ... cQ_AUIBigB

Here are a couple more pics. I actually brought her home yesterday and was able to really look her over. She is an ugly duck right now but there is so much potential here.

This fairing is crazy too. I really like it and the more I look at it the more it grows on me. Would be a really cool addition to someones bike, just not mine. Im building a cafe style bike so strapping 30lbs to the front end of it is right out. Also, yes slab that is a pretty cool seat for the right bike. The main problem I have with the bike right now is it has no identity. It has off-road bars, speed racer fairing, and a "chopper" style 2 up seat. All 3 things cool, just not mixed together.

That seat would be awesome on a metric chopper if anyone is interested Ill let it go for the cost of shipping it to ya. If anyone knows about these fairings or maybe knows someone who might be interested please let me know. I was looking at the bracketry and the fairing would go on a GL1000, just now the lowers (I like it better without the lowers personally). The fairing is in great shape too!

Attachments

• CB750K -- Day 1 (1).JPG
    CB750K -- Day 1 (1).JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 455
  • CB750K -- Day 1 (2).JPG
    CB750K -- Day 1 (2).JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 455
Had an early 80's twin cam 750/4 picked up several years ago, for such a good price had no choice but to buy it. :roll: Was way too small for me to ride very long at all, but was a quick little rascal, bout beat me to death. 65 mph felt more like 100, way too fast on such a small framed bike. :heat: Made a good buck on it, most involved thing was pulling carb's, to replace a leaking O'ring in the fuel tube, connecting the carb's together, cleaning the needle & seat where a speck of dirt was causing an issue of a carb over flowing. :yes: Other than an oil change, battery, & the O'rings was about it for money spent, :good: & it was a fun little hot rod type of bike. :whistling:What do you want for the fairing, really like it, if it would fit one of my 84 standards? :headscratch:

I was thinking $300 for the fairing is a good price. The hannigans are rare, really all I want out of it is new rubber for the bike. I could take some dimensions to see about fitting it to the standard. There is a lot of room on this thing and the mounting frame could easily be modified. Let me know what you are thinking...PM me and maybe we can work out a deal.

I had a 77 cb750f-ss. It was super bad ass but I was no mechanic then and let it go. This build will start with the frame. Im just building it to sell it and have some fun. Working on the wing has begun this whole new hobby of bike reso-mod for me. Its so much fun working on these old bikes. I want to have a project bike that I can ride until I find the right buyer for it. Only paid $1000 for the bike so that leaves some good wiggle room. Cafe' bikes are hot right now, especially if its sound mechanically.

Nice ! Still have a1978 CB 750 SS in my shop, Same as your 1977 F2 SS , 1978 is the F3 SS these were the Fastest CB SOHC bikes, 12.74 in the 1/4 mile, That was flying back in the 1970's !! this has only 16.500 miles motor never been apart and no leaks, still working on my CBX restoration be riding it this spring, frame off complete resto,

At bike is hot!!! :heat: :heat: :heat:

What a beauty. I love the sound of that cox of yours. I play the audio from it often. Super badass. If you ever wanna unload that SS you let me know first k?

That's a nice K bike too on ur photobucket. It's early 70-72?

Thanks ! Big fan of the Old Honda's ! The Gold 1970 K1 is a good friend's bike , This would be the 2nd year CB after the Sandcast 1969 , I did the Resto on this 1970 couple years ago, still original paint and exhaust, he put a lot of money in this and he rides the heck out of it ! I still do work on it for him..Nice bike also , prolly around $ 10K in the markets today

For my two cents worth one of the sweetest little bikes I ever had was a CB160, that was so light, 160CC with a twin carb set up for it's size it went well over 80Mph. and without doubt the best small bike of the late 60's early 70's as was the Honda 250 dream with the squarish headlight cowl. That was the beginning of the end for British bikes over here, that little 250 was almost bomb proof. nearly all the fours were great bikes, all the British bikes had were a couple of old thumpers that ran out of air at about 75Mph. The Honda's, Suzuki's and the Yamaha's craped all over the British bikes even the 650 Triumphs couldn't catch them, but saying that I really would love a Triumph T120 Bonni. Back then it was if it don't leak oil it isn't British.

well i think the the honda 160 was the best bike ever made back then ..talk about bullet proof ..it stood up to me as a teenager ....my brother had a suzuki x6husler 250 2 stroke it would stomp anything out there back then ...won the daytona race ..first time jap bike did win ...