Steve83's 1200 FI has a new home

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan filipi

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 Interstate
2018 KLR 650
2018 BMW S1000 RR
My Bike Logs forum link
https://classicgoldwings.com/forums/dan-filipi.122/
Thanks going out to Steve for the 1200 FI engine. Not just the engine but a rolling stand, the fuel tank, all the FI parts and ignition, exhaust, complete to start up! A few other parts as well, a starter solenoid, the dash with gauges. Nice!

image.php

image.php

I'm not sure what I'm doing with this engine yet.
I am sure it's staying fuel injection.

I've checked the output shaft with an 1100 engine, the length is exactly the same measured from the motor mount.
Changing the output shaft with one that has the shaft clip is an option, or cutting a groove in the 1200 shaft as well.

I might keep an eye for a 84 standard dirt cheap or with a bad engine and put it in.
My son is interested in learning to ride so this might be the best route.

First thing I'm doing is hooking it all up to run on the stand. Should make a fun video.

Lol, you do like I do, don't know what your going to do with it but can't pass up the opportunity to acquire it. I got my HF motorcycle trailer and danged if I didn't go buy another one yesterday. That makes 10 different trailers sitting in my yard. I think I have a double addiction problem, MBS and now MTS (multi trailer syndrome. ) That's some nice stuff your getting.

I forgot to give you the radiator/fan, and I have a simplified schematic for it. I also have - somewhere - a tip-over switch, as well as other goodies, I'm sure. I know it's in a loving home!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=153411#p153411:18e4dzc8 said:
Steve83 » 19 minutes ago[/url]":18e4dzc8]
I forgot to give you the radiator/fan, and I have a simplified schematic for it. I also have - somewhere - a tip-over switch, as well as other goodies, I'm sure. I know it's in a loving home!
Cool!

Great to see its finally going to a good home :good:
Won't the Corvair need an engine stand Steve? :doh: :smilie_happy:

It's the spare. It's been rebuilt...it has .030 oversize pistons in it. I built one of these back in the '70's, and got nearly 300 HP out of it. Unfortunately, those parts are no longer available, so it stays stock. I might put a set of big-valve, 4-carb heads on it, and go with a 4 into 1 intake with a quadrajet...we shall see!

OK, back on topic...

hmmm nice stuff ... this will make an interesting bike ...especailly with all of dans single and stock carbs experience he has .....this package with 1100 final gearing ought to be nice combo...

Latest posts