Summer recap.. my 81 build

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dan filipi":31zuwk0t said:
I found this one in your album, want I should use it?

Did you drill the rotors yourself?
Yes please! Apparently I hit "save" instead of "submit" on the last message. (whew) and to answer your question, yes, I laid out the pattern and drilled the rotors myself. Also used 80g sanding disk on the drill press to resurface them before installing them with the new pads...

Attachments

• 012410_09141.jpg
    012410_09141.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 146
  • Rotor.jpg
    Rotor.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 149
Awesome resto there, Hoosier!!! That's a sweeeeet ride!! Congrats on a job well done. :clapping: :good: :salute:

:thank_you:

If you look closely, it's symetrical. I used cardboard and made a template. I sat down with a drafting compass, found the center and drew out my circles for the patern, then with my ruler and divided it like a pie into 1/4's then 1/8's and finally 1/16's . Easier than doing a fancy spiral pattern and should be just as effective at relieveing any trapped gasses. Also figured with the mass being so close to the center point (axel), it could be a little off and not effect the balance much. but it should be even with the amount of weight removed being equal around the diameter.

How did you drill the rotors? What type bit? What rpm? I've considered it myself but normal bits are useless.

how you doing scott ...bike looking great ....leaves are gone i see up there ...here to in southern indiana.....wanted a lot to meet you guys when you had the get together....im finaly getting the doghouse out building about done ....going to work on it today ...... :mrgreen:

HD

I, as, you am currently restoring my 81 wing. Also am using Harley exhausts. Could you provide pics of your exhaust hangers and how you treated the x-over pipe ??

Thanks
Darrol42

Latest posts