Tool loaning to help each other save some $?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've decided tool loaning is a bad idea without some form of security deposit since I finally found out who borrowed my clutch socket 2 years ago and after a promise to send it back over a month ago I still don't have it.
There are only a select few I'll loan to with a handshake any more.

dan filipi":2tocb68o said:
I've decided tool loaning is a bad idea without some form of security deposit since I finally found out who borrowed my clutch socket 2 years ago and after a promise to send it back over a month ago I still don't have it.

Far as I'm concerned, they can go buy the tool for the amount of deposit that's worth anything. :wave:

I agree, not like it use to be. We all took years to gather and collect the assortment of
tools we have. If I don't have it and only need it for one job, I go rent it.
Works for me.

toytender01":7guqqr0e said:
I had a tool loaning program for 20 years, then my kids left home. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: Now I only have myself too blame when I can't find a tool. :oops: :oops: :sensored: :whistling:
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

dan filipi":31nwyref said:
At least you now know were the tool is at,thats a beginning :blush:I hope I can fit in the select few category since i'm 6 miles from pasadena and if I don't return a tool back from you:(1)you can always come over wile enjoying the ride :wave: (2) Enjoy lets say :headscratch: The Rose Parade or something in the vicinity :wave: & (3) least but not last come over and kick my A_ _ :shock: :Doh2:

dan filipi":2gm896y3 said:
Sounds like a plan Carl.
I'm always up for a ride out to Pasadena.
Ok now that were on to something Dan :yes: is garage loaning considered a tool cause I have installed 2 engines on my condos parking lot without counting maintenance & other miscellaneous
activities :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

littlebeaver":3s8nt2sg said:
My grandpa alway told us, a man is only as good as his word...
He was absolutely right! I've met a lot of "worthless" people whose word never means anything.

dan filipi":1y01guvg said:
Anytime Carl.
You're the man Dan thanks :thank_you: :thank_you: .Now let me talk to joedrum for advice on a project left in the drawers about fitting a gl1500 on my aspy & i'll get back at you :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Latest posts