Ultra Classic seat on 83 aspy

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godservant007

Reaction score
OK I know this is like all kinds of wrong and borderlines heretical but does anyone have any info on modifying Ultra classic seat to fit 83 aspencade? I had my seat redone a couple years ago, it was an improvement over stock but still pretty pitiful. A guy was telling me best seat he had set on was a ultra classic seat retrofitted to the 1100 with a set of gel pads. Looking for a seat option that will improve both driver and passenger comfort for 500+ mile trips

Some after market seats were / are made that reportedly are very comfortable. Adapting seats from other bikes has been done. Brackets usually need to be custom made.

I have had a wing with the saddleman, it wasnt the double bucket or deluxe. It was good but still after 5 or 6 hrs in it you were fatigued and it is worse if you dont have a couple days to recoup. Im a big man (6'3" 235) need something wide and firm, most seat collapse. Building a pan, rebuilding a pan im good with but sewing is not my thing lol My uncle does do auto upholstery though.

If you want the ultra classic on there go for it. With pics and measurements I'm sure we can help you design brackets to hold it on.

See heres the problem if anyone nows I have a harley part on my property or I am looking for one it would be really bad. I have to do all this research and design anomalously lol looking for some one that has done or seen it done. I did find a you tube video it was part one of ? couldnt find part two and they only got to dismantling the seat and relocating the front tab.

No one here is going to be upset. You might get a little ribbing in fun only. I think at least one member has used a batwing fairing. We are not purists here. It's backyard tech on oldwings. Personalize your bike as you see fit. Now you may get flack from the Harley boys you meet but even there I doubt much. Been thinking of a springer seat install on one of my bikes. An old KZ.

Well it is my fault, Im the kinda guy that carries stuff like drip pans in my trunk and when my buddies go into a restaurant to eat I slide them under the bikes while they are not looking. :mischief:

godservant007":125mmrh2 said:
Well it is my fault, Im the kinda guy that carries stuff like drip pans in my trunk and when my buddies go into a restaurant to eat I slide them under the bikes while they are not looking. :mischief:

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
That's a good one! I may have to try that!

godservant007":321x32wg said:
:doh: :yahoo: :smilie_happy: :hihihi:

Buddy brought by his new custom bike he bought last week to show me. Jireh soft tail frame, s&s 106, apes and everything chromed. I asked him why he didn't get the most important option with it? he asked whats that? "A pick up!" before He had time to recover I said it is really good you got all the chrome. Of course he bit "whys that?" I told him "because it makes the parts easier to find in the grass after they fall off going down the road" :doh:

It would be if they noticed, but you have to remember these are the guys that own bikes that are perfectly identical to ten million other bikes and they think their is unique. My father in law always told me if you cant amaze them with the intellect baffle them with the bull. If they notice I will just tell them it is a custom by a foreign specialty seat maker; I think the seat pans for most harley models are made in mexico now. lol

:Egyptian: don't worry about the donkey kong. your bike can out run any size harley. and even if they do catch up a little they will run out of gas long before you need to get any. :moped: :moped: :yahoo: long haul or short.

Latest posts