Update

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update...

My lowers came today.. My carburetors came yesterday. They are in great shape. They also have no fuel on the shafts and they have there luster on the caps.. I gave 30.00 bucks for them and 70.00 for the lowers. Famous last words I'm done with the money.. Nope 1 more round of parts coming by the 15 or 16 of December. Picking up (if all go's to plan) a set of mufflers an a set of headers, crash bars so I can use my lowers. A set of 76 heads, headlight assembly with bulb, trim ring, blinkers and the post to mount them as well as thee rubber boot that covers the headlight on the bike when you run the Vetter Fairing. an the HONDA badge out front on the forks (phew)... also have a picture of the carburetors that I'm working on now. I didn't know the outside diameter of the intake manifolds on the 77 (I think they are could be 76) are fatter alot more meet so to speak.. I put a gauge on them an there also heavier in weight,, :laptop: Thanks for keeping up with my build hope everyone has a great week ahead ..

Attachments

• lowers101.jpg
    lowers101.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 148
  • 20141201_173011.jpg
    20141201_173011.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 20141201_173020.jpg
    20141201_173020.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 20141201_173504.jpg
    20141201_173504.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 147
  • 20141130_174651.jpg
    20141130_174651.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 144
  • 20141130_194245.jpg
    20141130_194245.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 144
All the aluminum is polished bead blasted ready for paint. One more package on it's way Wednesday I hope. Finally I picked up this stuff made by JB weld https://www.jbweld.com/product/j-b-waterweld/
I think it will do the trick to fill in that spot on the case. Might get it painted this weekend as long as the moisture stays low. Supposed to get cooler tonight working till 9 Saturday then Dr. appointment. One more load of parts from out west then getting the decals for the Vetter stuff. The transmission dogs look good that came in for the original engine 76 exhaust will look good too, Oh I'm getting the head light trim winkers to. After I'm done I'm going to put the recipes together an just see where I'm @. Keep ya'll posted pictures to come soon... :music: :laptop:

Good to see you are finding a little bit of time to get back to the fun. I look forward to the pictures.

Good evening all, I want to let everybody know that the timing belts are installed an the polished covers are too. I removed the timing bet covers an found some rain water stain on the pulley left side I call it the lean to. Not sure whats up with that but I'm not going to let it worry me makes for more headaches. Tomorrow I will adjust the valves I did turn the engine over by the rear shaft it was tight @ first from sitting I'm sure looks like new plugs are in it with no signs of firing that also bothers me, Like someone just changed the plugs an parked it. Now I know that''s not the case I'm not going to do a compression on it because that will upset me knowing my luck. This engine is just to get the bike down the road I hope it will last tho. Long enough to get the other two up and going. I had to work all last week through the weekend Sunday to 11 hrs. We are getting ready to move into our new building by the end of the year first of January. I picked up a set of original exhaust mufflers with the exhaust manifolds blinkers front an rear along with the head light bulb an trim ring and a set of 75 heads an the crash bars for the low price of 200.00 that's like a SUPER DEAL... :music: :laptop: I will need to get them shipped to me via freight through work to get a better rate.. There in GREAT SHAPE an the running boards front and rear are as well. I only wish they were aluminum instead of metal because of the weight but they will work. An they are the kind that interlocks into the shift so NO linkage to play with... The weather is much cooler so I will need to do all my painting mid day an turn up the flood lights to dry everything full day before I touch anything.. So lastly I will be ordering my Vetter Fairing decal trim kit in late December. This is our Christmas we are excited to do all of this there has been a looooong lap in getting anything done that we enjoy So were going @ it full boar.. I will post pictures soon hope everyone has a great December an a happy new year.. :hi:

:Egyptian: :clapping: :Egyptian: :clapping: :good:
Looks bwand NEW!!! :yes:

Latest posts