Upgrade/changing Laptop - PC to MacBook Air

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rednaxs60

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Decided to recycle my HP Laptop Pavilion Convertible - is a laptop and tablet and 3 years old. Battery was acting up. I give my older computers to my brothers/sisters, they don't change very often. Decided to try a MacBook Air - 2020 version.

Did this quite a few years ago, went cold turkey, got frustrated and went back to a PC. This time I'm keeping the PC for a bit, working with the Mac, making sure everything I used to do I can, that all programs that I use work on the Mac, and I get used to the idiosyncrasies associated with the Mac.

Trying to find things and change settings is a challenge, even when looking on the net. The contacts haven't synced, don't know why. Not a show stopper, iPhone and PC did not, but will find why.

Will be getting MS Office for Mac. No sense in doing the convert thing with the Mac applications. Have the Spyder software to install, Garmin software as well. Use ESET anti-virus software and SUPERAntiSpyware on the PC, don't know if it will be needed on the Mac.

It's only been a few weeks, not giving up yet. Like the battery life, supposed to be up to 18 hours. Had to get a plug in that has the USB, HDMI, SD card reader ports.

Cheers

I switched to Mac a few years ago for my main computer. Still have a PC laptop to run Quickbooks that my wife and I remote connect to.
For the most part I enjoy using Mac more than PC but either gets the job done.

Latest posts