Wes is in Montana

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wi fi in mcdonalds.
there is a 1983 black Goldwing sitting on the entrance ramp in grand prarie alberta, It has a c5 installed and a LTERNATOR CONVERSION ON IT, I just walked away from it. the engine got a knock in it and I could only do 40 mph, then it finally just up and stopped.

I found a 98 valkerie. had to modify the back for my trunk. weather is cool at night and real nice daytime.
Very hard to get wy fi out here.

Only 25 miles from Dawson the beginning of the alaskaian hwy. Not much time for posting.
We plan on taking our time going north from here.

Will post when I get more time and wy fi,

Anyone near his bike to collect it? I presume the valk came with a hitch? Glad to see you aren't stranded.

If you cant get a storage I would strip the C5 off and the alt conversion and take that back home..the rest can be left if worse comes to worse but a C5 has value.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=153950#p153950:1zrqabqt said:
joedrum » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:27 am[/url]":1zrqabqt]
makes you wonder what happen to it
I am guessing a rod gave by the sound of it.

I've been thinking on this. Could be a lot of things.
Couldn't go above 40 mph and had a knock.
Bad gas, plugged carb, fouled plug, bad connection to a coil killing 2 cylinders.
What was the weather like? Water could short out plugs.
Further in, could be slipped timing belt, blown head gasket.
Gees many possibilities.

Unless I misunderstood, if it was left on an entrance ramp at Grand Prairie Alberta there may not be anything to worry about as it probably will not be there when he returns. Must be sparsely populated as I haven't found anyone yet that might retrieve it. I would have thought maybe he arranged storage for it before he continued on, does anyone know ?

Way I read it he just abandoned it. Damn shame really but I doubt there was much choice. By now it's probably been impounded.