What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 4 months ago I went to change a light bulb in one of my driving lights, and I dropped the glass lens and broke it.

image.php

I know better, but they say the first thing to go is your light bulb changing hand. Couldn't seem to come up with a suitable replacement light or lens, and the fact that I had always wished for a lower wattage replacement, more charging system friendly, I just could never find any that were not between $250 and $600. But I could buy 55w and up all day long for $40 a pair. I finally found these here:https://www.customdynamics.com/ for just under $100 + shipping.

image.php

They come with 20w halogen bulbs, but I see on the web page also available ar e35w and 55w replacement bulbs. I think they are $6 and change each? I figured if this ain't enough, I can always upgrade to the 35w and see what happens.
There are 2 sizes, large and small. I got the large, which to me are still kinda small.

Here they are mounted where the old ones were.

image.php

image.php

I don't really expect too much from 20watters as far as light up the road, but they might work really good getting others to see me. Plus I should be able to use them to putt around town without draining my battery.

Here's what they look like during the daylight. I'll just have to wait until after dark to see what they're actually gonna do.
image.php

i got my 1200 wing out of my neighbors garage and gave it the once over before taking the 26 mile ride to walmart to get a gelpad. i don't ride it as much as i ride my 1500 wing but the 1200 is still a very nice wing to ride

detdrbuzzard":31fm8715 said:
i got my 1200 wing out of my neighbors garage and gave it the once over before taking the 26 mile ride to walmart to get a gelpad. i don't ride it as much as i ride my 1500 wing but the 1200 is still a very nice wing to ride
We've had thunder storms here, and the breaks we get between rain the wind is blowing 40 mph+. Kinda takes all the fun out of riding. :roll: :lazy:

Went past the halfway point on the carb job today. Right side finished and the #2 and #4 are getting a ride in the ultrasonic now. Might be finished before the week end.

CIMG3476.jpg

Stuck 'em in the bike just to see how they are going to look. Not bad if I do say so myself.

CIMG3479.jpg

Gee, All I did was get out the wax and polish and give her a good rub down... Weather here in NYC metro area has been record-breaking... been riding her to work every night.... nice to be out on the roads here at 3AM coming home... almost no cars and I can just loaf along at 55 and enjoy the ride... (rather than keep up at 65 in HEAVY traffic, and not be able to enjoy it)

Rich

Gheez, that is blingy. How long do you suppose that aluminum will remain shiny?
By the way, ordered a swing arm lock nut socket, after which the frame will be naked. Then some sandblasting and glossy black Rust-O-Leum for the frame and interior parts.

Last night - installed a new fuel pump. Nice job on the carb rebuild, Sidewinder. That is a job I may do in the future. They leak a tiny bit but work just fine - it just would be nice if they looked as good as yours.

Today I left my Wing in the garage! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Well.....mostly because I am driving back from Florida after swapping cars with my Daughter!

:wave: Got out in my shop and changed the oil in my Wing. Put some MMO in with the oil hoping to get a little smoother shift. It is amazing what I will try after reading posts from all the Wing sites! :rocks:

Also,wiating on a few maintenance parts and driving lights to all some pizazz to my wing. Gotta order some pulse generators soon, the shutting down is driving me nuts (probably a short trip)

added the atf to the gas today and took a twentyfive mile ride to get everything mixed and working in the carbs. Did some more measuring for my training wheel design I'm working on. My cooling fan is coming on when the ignition switch is turned on and stays on so that's another little something to fix. No time to get bored with a wing, if you ain't washing, polishing and riding, your modifying or fixing little bugs. :smilie_happy: :Egyptian:

[email protected]":1cj2ecsz said:
Gheez, that is blingy. How long do you suppose that aluminum will remain shiny?
By the way, ordered a swing arm lock nut socket, after which the frame will be naked. Then some sandblasting and glossy black Rust-O-Leum for the frame and interior parts.

Use some MAAS Metal polish every 4-6 months and the remain just like that.

:crying: :head bang: :head bang: ARRRGGG

Got a low jet that won't come out. Well, at least for now. Screw extractor keeps letting go and even though I can feel it turn I can't get the B1t0ch to pull out. First time for this I will have to sleep on it. Could have finished up today if not for the pesky jet. Hate it when that happens.

anybody ever mess one up past the point of no return? If so any source other that pull one from an old carb? Low jet '81 1100 ...... #35.

joedrum":2sp9yrqo said:
yes there sorces out there or use to be

Pressed in low jet #35 for pre 82 VB 48A ... Please point me in the right direction ... I'm good for a half dozed or so. Never know what I will do next.

wonder if they are the same as in the early CX engines. Just the right fit would be okay with me I could just solder and re-drill. Can't believe no one has ever come up with a fix for this issue.

Joe do you know if the 82 carb bodies will fit the plenum on an 81? I need to go ahead and find a junk set of 48A's and 82 model just to play with.

I mean it's just totally screwed up that Honda would even think of using such a jet in the idle circuit. That's where half the running problems occur. Unless that was the plan to sell carb bodies.

yes they will fit...the 80-81 1100 carbs were just insane with gov regulation of user infriendly setup...i mean look at the mixture screws ....they are well performing carbs when right ...if you do get this right mix atf in the gas to keep them that way ....

seems ive seen jet sets on ebay site or something im not good remebering stuff .....others are much better than me on finding stuff :headscratch:

Latest posts