What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on the solenoid application. Most of the earlier type solenoids require grounding to the car body. :yes:
I was doing a re-wire job on a Super Comp '67 Corvette years ago....the owner was having a hard time getting it to start. He changed the starter solenoid(Ford, mounted on the firewall), and after that, it wouldn't even crank. I showed him the ground wire from the engine that he had left off, that had originally been attached to one of the two bolts holding the solenoid to the firewall. Being a fiberglass body, the firewall dint provide a very good ground.... :hihihi:

Rode the 87 & picked up one of those Bad Boy horn's, going to upgrade the horns on the fleet. :good: With coupon $35 out the door at Harbor Freight, will wind up with six if the cars are also done. :whistling: Should work out well from what i have read, it is LOUD when tested. :doh:

AApple":1fmxxu0r said:
Depends on the solenoid application. Most of the earlier type solenoids require grounding to the car body. :yes:
I was doing a re-wire job on a Super Comp '67 Corvette years ago....the owner was having a hard time getting it to start. He changed the starter solenoid(Ford, mounted on the firewall), and after that, it wouldn't even crank. I showed him the ground wire from the engine that he had left off, that had originally been attached to one of the two bolts holding the solenoid to the firewall. Being a fiberglass body, the firewall dint provide a very good ground.... :hihihi:
Yes. The wing solenoids are not grounded through the mount surface.

Put the new horn, & relay, on my first 84 standard today. :builder: Will do the other standard while it's on the table for new steering head bearings. :yes: Damn things felt good when first got it, & for seven thousand miles, :roll: took it out this spring, & they need replaced. :head bang: Have had em in the box of new parts for this bike since i bought it, will put em in now, :doh: hate the feeling of bad bearings. :sensored: My 87 did the same thing, felt fine all summer, & fall, :oops: but come spring, they need replaced before the season gets under way. :rant:

Started the steering head bearing job, this evening. :roll: When taking the left caliper, noticed it was not wanting to come off of the disk, :nea: & wheel had a bit of drag, not enough to heat things up, but MAYBE what the front end shake was about. :headscratch: The whole front end, wheel, brake callipers, were an upgrade to a Limited Edition, that was in my parts bin, from the salvage yard i used to frequent b4 he went out of business. :sensored: Well just may have hit it lucky this time, :shock: rebuilt the caliper, need to bleed & take for a test ride to see if i'm done. :beg:

i got home from henry's about 15:10 and sat down and ate a small salad before going out and starting up the 1500 wing. well it wouldn't start. I found the positive cable loose and once tightened it started right up. I decided to gear up and go for a short ride on the wing. I made my way out to Lincoln park, mi. and just as I got to the water there it was, a laker! I took out my phone to snap a couple of pic's but the phone was about out of juice, arg!!! I headed east for bellanger park in river rouge, mi. and when I get there the guy sez " it's $10 to visit the park " so I ask if it's ok to roll through and he reply's "yes "
I head back to the water so I could get a real good look at the laker before heading out of the park. I made a left on Jefferson ave. then a right on outer drive rd. and take it to m-14. I made a right on m-14 then a right on Schafer rd for home. it was about 55º when I left out with an over cast sky and a cold 50º when I made it back home, I put a whopping 40 miles on the wing today

I got home from work and found that the $1.19 throttle assist paddle finally arrived from the slow boat from China. It fit just like the one in Dan's picture...poorly. I hit it with the heat gun and reshaped it a bit. I think it will be useable..maybe I'll try again to make it fit better. I actually ordered two so if I ruin the first I can try over.....

rode to Vincennes,ind friday.to drop off the 85 exhaust to bronko37.me and wife put 258 miles on it.151 miles first tank/4.2 gallons/stock carbs.single -carb will be back on with new powder coated rims,and paint job.time to ride... :music: :moped:

The last time I was putting the Markland highway boards on I broke one of the clamps...put them on the shelf. I was thinking about them and tried mounting them....they still clamp on nice and tight, I'm sure they won't fall off. I put the trunk back on because I'm riding to a pistol match tomorrow and need to haul my gear. One of the locks that hold the trunk to the rack fell off so I use a little hose clamp on the post on that side. I don't think it would fall off but a little extra insurance won't hurt. The Markland clamp and rack lock are on my list of things to check for when I visit Ebay (every day). Oh, the throttle assist paddle fits fine now after I "adjusted" it with the heat gun. I had never in my 45+ years of riding used one of those & now I wonder how I did without it!

Went out and exercised ole Blue to the tune of 165 miles.
She was running real sweet and it was excellent riding conditions.
Yea, no more flooding or high water.

I rode it. 280 miles. Without a hitch. Great little mile eater. I enjoy riding this ole GL1000 more (I think) than my Valkyrie.

Nice, cool ride up onto the Mogollon Rim to 7500 ft and back down. Loses a little power at 7500, but is back to near normal at 5000. The Phoenix Metro area is at about 1500 and is what it's tuned for.

Attachments

• IMG_3733.JPG
    IMG_3733.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_3720.JPG
    IMG_3720.JPG
    454.4 KB · Views: 194
i drove to the ethanol free station and bought about 5 gallons of gas for the 1500 wing, i had pumped out about that much Friday after putting in $10 worth of watered down gas Thursday, there is nothing worse than watered down alcohol

Latest posts