What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=124177#p124177:36u69262 said:
87 restore » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:16 am[/url]":36u69262]
Just received my New to me seat today
file.php

file.php

Must be almost finished now, seat looks good :good:

[url=https://www.forum.classicgoldwings.com/viewtopic.php?p=124180#p124180:1jz1mfcs said:
krakum1967 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:47 pm[/url]":1jz1mfcs]
Nice Bike, I think my "streetglide" look is going to work based on what I see on your bike, I just need a stock flat seat.

On my wing, I have a whole bunch of jack, mixed in with generous portions of squat, its 95 degrees out today...too hot....besides the grandkid is still here. I might finish the final trim on my Stainless Steel runner later tonight, but I am kind of liking my AC in the house today... :heat: :lazy:
I tried the look of the flat seat didn't really look that good I am waiting on my new 12" shocks to lower ass down a little . I am 5' 9" and its about where I need to be flat footed

The stepped seat looks good on the 1200, but its "bulky" on the 1000. the flat seat goes better with the chrome fender and the smaller Bates bags I have, yea, I am doing 12 inchers, and I am going to figure out some way of slamming the front end down an inch or two, I think I have room to slide the fork tubed higher into the trees. And I am going dark custom with the silver motor with black covers. I wish I would have had money for paint before the transplant, I would have loved to have blackened the entire block. Fortunately, my frame is pristine.

My seat is that pseudo saddleman, with the saddle tops but not as extreme of a change as the saddleman. But I want the flatter seat. I know a good seat guy who works cheap, but I dont know if he has retired yet, he has been getting up there, and even then he is in demand. He does a lot of Model A and Model T work, and with 40 years in stitching seats of all kinds, he does incredible work. And bike seats are done very cheap with the best quality, he says he does the work to pay for his "hobby" and keep the lights on, he has made enough off the railroads to keep him comfy, he just loves the work.

I am vertically challenged too, 29 inch inseam and I am all of the slightly below average height of 5'8", sad part is I am the tallest of all four brothers by far. My 5'3" brother keepps trying to talk me into getting an actual streetglide, and I keep telling him as soon as he gives me the 25K, I am there, I did the Harley finance thing a few years back in my lazy yuppie phase, never again, even when the deal was paid off, they took 4 months to get me my clear title. Eagle finance can be difficult to deal with, and frankly, I just no longer believe they are worth the exorbitant cost, I do like the Switchback though, I have always favored teh Dynas. But let me be clear, I love bikes of all makes and models, even Kymcos, and Johnny Pags. Every rider has their own tastes and their own budgets, but here in ND, if you ride metric, you are a lonely guy. I personally do not give a crap as I typically dislike people in general (its a PTSD thing). And I am generally too old and been around the block and been up and down too much in life too much to really give a rats a** what anyone thinks. Thats why I left the IT consulting game, too much "dancing" and this old coot, this one does not dance.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=124225#p124225:148l2lll said:
Ansimp » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:34 pm[/url]":148l2lll]
I don't have the PTSD but I definitely have the DGAS symptoms :smilie_happy:
Yup - whenever I have to buy DGAS, I get symptoms too! :doh:

[url=https://www.forum.classicgoldwings.com/viewtopic.php?p=124220#p124220:rhgvltg0 said:
krakum1967 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:20 pm[/url]":rhgvltg0]
I am vertically challenged too, 29 inch inseam and I am all of the slightly below average height of 5'8", sad part is I am the tallest of all four brothers by far. My 5'3" brother keepps trying to talk me into getting an actual streetglide, and I keep telling him as soon as he gives me the 25K, I am there, I did the Harley finance thing a few years back in my lazy yuppie phase, never again, even when the deal was paid off, they took 4 months to get me my clear title. Eagle finance can be difficult to deal with, and frankly, I just no longer believe they are worth the exorbitant cost, I do like the Switchback though, I have always favored teh Dynas. But let me be clear, I love bikes of all makes and models, even Kymcos, and Johnny Pags. Every rider has their own tastes and their own budgets, but here in ND, if you ride metric, you are a lonely guy. I personally do not give a crap as I typically dislike people in general (its a PTSD thing). And I am generally too old and been around the block and been up and down too much in life too much to really give a rats a** what anyone thinks. Thats why I left the IT consulting game, too much "dancing" and this old coot, this one does not dance.
I totally understand where you are coming from, I myself dance to my own tune (hence orange with silver flames Honda) and a 6 time best in show, and now a blue with orange flames pinstripped in green Honda Goldwing yeah I kinda do my own thing .Don't get me wrong, would love to do the streetglide thing I think one of the nicest Harleys made. But I know once I would buy one then comes the Harley clothes and a Parking for grandpa's Harley only sign on the front of my Garage lol. You know how it goes its all about the brand for most not about the ride. They eat the same bugs I eat at 55.

The wife and I and another couple put 150 miles or so on the Wings today headed for Ohio from my place (about 20 min.) and rode to Jefferson Ohio to check out a few covered bridges in that area, stopped for coffee and a sweet roll at the Jefferson Diner before getting there, after the bridges we head to Geneva on the Lake and had a late lunch at Zepees Mmmmmm, had to detour back and ended up in Andover, Ohio for the much needed .49 ice cream cone @ Mickey D's then the short skip back home. It was not a real long ride but it was a good quality one. :music: :music: :music: :music: wish I was computer smart so as to post pics oh well maybe some day

Showed my work to my 18 month old grandson, he approved the project and told me to move forward, well I think thats what he said, it was in baby babble, so it was either that, or the secret to successful nuclear fusion, one of the two....

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=124437#p124437:1u6kmfkm said:
krakum1967 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:42 pm[/url]":1u6kmfkm]
Showed my work to my 18 month old grandson, he approved the project and told me to move forward, well I think thats what he said, it was in baby babble, so it was either that, or the secret to successful nuclear fusion, one of the two....
:smilie_happy:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=124428#p124428:1joq729t said:
dan filipi » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:31 pm[/url]":1joq729t]
I got 2 idler pulleys off their back plates. Will be picking up Gates idlers tomorrow or Tuesday.

Thanks for the photo Dan. I will check your plates against the ones on the 86A as the belts felt like they were over tensioned when I removed them. :thanks:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=124436#p124436:klztl5di said:
Omega Man » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:39 pm[/url]":klztl5di]
God that bike just gets sicker and sicker. :popcorn: If you decide you are going to sell it or part it out I'm going to download myself into your computer and electrocute you.

~O~

+1 even if you did have to wash the blue off Gerry instead of wearing it off :smilie_happy:

Latest posts