What do you think of the F6B?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldmopars

Reaction score
I was looking at the F6B and at first I thought it was a waste due to not having reverse and no trunk, but then I looked at it a little bit more and kind of like it now. I am still youngish (44) and can still push my GL1100 back just fine, I am 6 ft tall and have long legs, so I can always flat foot my wing and even stand at a stop and have room under me to air things out. I rarely if ever take my wife anywhere, she does not like bikes.
So for me, day to day riding would be no problem and when I do want to take off and go for a weekend trip, I could just ad a Pelican case or something for more space.
I like the look the more I see it and around here they must not be selling to good as they are listing them in ads like crazy for $2000 off MSRP, so the base one is $16,999. I am not really in the market yet for a new wing, mine has many miles left in it, but it just got me thinking.
What are your thoughts?

Actually looked at one close up... does resemble a marriage between the victory and a bmw....the missing trunk does look odd but they are trying to grab the Hardley bagger market.... think they forgot style loyalty... for the wingers.... change is good.. but abandonment.it's not good change...just mho...

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=104028#p104028:1i1pz349 said:
mcgovern61 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:17 pm[/url]":1i1pz349]
My opinion? :cheeky: You can keep it!
:good: +1

I'm pretty sure I'd buy a new Indian before an f6b, or a BMW.

vintage.jpg

Honestly, I am keeping my 1100 for a while then looking fora nice 1500. I still can not afford an 1800, even at that price. But, I do like it.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=104042#p104042:19jgeupx said:
OldWrench » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:20 am[/url]":19jgeupx]
I like the looks, but I wouldn't buy one.
+1 If I had that sort of coin to spend on a motorcycle I would have to find that little bit extra for a new Goldwing. Comparing the two in the dealership with my brother Kim we both loved the looks but would rather own the best long distance touring bike around.

It's a cool bike and all, but I guess I'm just old-school. I think the 1000, 1100 and 1200 Wings are the best lookin' bikes! I can just sit and stare at the '82 in the garage, and think, wow - what a pretty machine!

I'm with Omega man, I like it and in twenty years it will fit nice in my fleet. I haven't tried a windshield that low yet, waiting to get my new windshield before hacking the current one down any further.

I DON"T Like them , I really don't like the 1800's much , and I REALLY don't like the 2013 1800's , don't like the design , OR the Paint . . . :read:

My initial thought after seeing the pictures was that it looked alright. That changed when I saw one in person. Still too much plastic to remove to get to the engine, so I'll stick to the ones I got.

Nice looking, however, when I sat on it - 5'8" - the wide seat made the bike uncomfortable. I did not like the feel of the seat or the height of the windscreen. A more narrow fairing and slightly higher screen, and a narrower (and lower) seat would have make all the difference for me. However, I suspect that if I was over 6' then the seat may have been fine. :thank_you:

I like my older wings too....kinda ole fashion in that sense. Not really into the 1800's either. But if i had the extra to drop for a brand new ride, i would have to go with The Indian too. I've never owned a Harley either..never wanted one. I've had many of folks to try and trade me a Harley for some of the 1100's i restored,... :nea: