Where do you park when your at a Store?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kah92340

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you park in a parking space in the parking lot, or in the front of the store on the sidewalk or by the bicycle racks. Just curious at large stores I usually park on the sidewalk by the front of the store.

I got a $258 dollar ticket for parking in the striped zone by the lamp post in the parking lot! (NJ!!!!!!) Around here, you have to park in a full size parking space or get a ticket!!

I park in a full sized parking space when there is no designated motorcycle parking area. But I'll circle rediculously looking for the parking space nearest the door, or at least that very first space at the very end of the isle closest to the building.

The usual "customer friendly" places like grocery stores, Walmart, Home Depot, other places that appreciate my business I park as close to the door as I can which is usually on the sidewalk on their property and I've never been bothered.

Unfriendlies for parking like that are any government building and the post office, and they have NO sense of humor!

Unless the parking lot is soft and I have permission to park on the sidewalk. I park in the lot with the cars.

I hardly ever park by the door or even close, kid's might jack with it.. I park way out in the lot and park the bike away from other parked cars alone..when it's parked between two vehicles someone could remove your sidecovers and nobody will see them do it, if it's out in the open and alone chances of that happening are less, I feel the thief never wants to be in the open like that..

You haven't seen the brazon SOB's around here... they come right onto your patio and take stuff.. Lawn mowers, Roto-tillers , generators and M/c's and the cops make you go to there office to fill out a report :sensored: :sensored: :sensored: :sensored: :sensored: :head bang: :head bang: :head bang: :rant: :rant: :rant: :fiddle: :mad:

I'm surprised so many park in the lot.
Part of the beauty of riding a bike is being able to park close and getting out of parking fees usually, even downtown.

I had to get a new phone so my Son and I went around to 4 different shops.
Zip over to each one, up the ramp onto the sidewalk right by the front door.
It took longer to find someone to help us than it did to get there.

around here there just isnt a parking problem at all no matter what your driving or riding ....one of th great things i like about being here ...now the store your looking for might not exist :mrgreen: tho :hihihi:

mcgovern61":1xio9bzm said:
I got a $258 dollar ticket for parking in the striped zone by the lamp post in the parking lot! (NJ!!!!!!) Around here, you have to park in a full size parking space or get a ticket!!

I've seen "Parking Wars," don't all those NE states have Parking Authorities? They seem to generate a lot of income with those fines.

~O~

Omega Man":3n0oyylp said:
mcgovern61":3n0oyylp said:

I've seen "Parking Wars," don't all those NE states have Parking Authorities? They seem to generate a lot of income with those fines.

~O~
Well........yea! Parking is a business here in the NE! Funds many Township programs through fines!

Hmmm.. no lane splitting, ticketed for stuffing your bike in an out-of-the-way corner of a parking lot.. reasons to stay living in the Southwest.

Warehouse type stores, up front on the WIDE sidewalk out of the way. As long as you don't leak, they don't care. Everywhere else, as situation dictates.

$258 fine! Is that the same as parking in handicapped lot? Or is it even more expensive?

I have never parked on the sidewalk. Always in a parking lot. Well, GL got a sidecar so I am talking about solo bikes.
Good to know I can park on the sidewalks in CA.

MSGT-R":rfrnqe9o said:
Hmmm.. no lane splitting, ticketed for stuffing your bike in an out-of-the-way corner of a parking lot.. reasons to stay living in the Southwest.

Warehouse type stores, up front on the WIDE sidewalk out of the way. As long as you don't leak, they don't care. Everywhere else, as situation dictates.
Around here.....the wide sidewalk is also the fire lane in front of the stores....another ticket!

joedrum":1cxubrmo said:
around here there just isnt a parking problem at all no matter what your driving or riding ....one of th great things i like about being here ...now the store your looking for might not exist :mrgreen: tho :hihihi:

Same here.

Even when I go to town I always park in a legal parking spot.Unless there is a special designated motorcycle parking area.

Most race tracks,or fairs or anything with a dirt lot usually has a specific bike area.

I NEVER NEVER park on a sidewalk,or ride up a handicap access.

Latest posts