Where do you park when your at a Store?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
skiri251":gx47w97l said:
Good to know I can park on the sidewalks in CA.

I just wanted to make sure it's understood that I've been getting away with it, I don't know if it's legal or not!

Let me clarify; you cannot block a public sidewalk. The "sidewalks" I park on are wide enough to park cars on sideways. When I go to Lowes, Home Depot, Target, Walmart or Best Buy, I park away from the door, up against the building in an area not in anyone's way. When I park down here in front of the house in San Diego during the week, I park on what would be the grass strip in front of the house. In this case, it isn't grass, it's brick work. Gets the bike off the street in the dark, and it does not block the sidewalk.

Same here when I do park on the sidewalk it's at the stores that have the really wide sidewalks and no fire lane or red curb and not right by the front door. Like at Walgreens or Riteaid or my Bank it's always in the lot they have small sidewalks.

I have a Handicap tag on everything I own , Goldwing too.... say Wal-Mart , at the Handicap parking spots I park Between the big metal posts at the end , near the door. one day I was sitting on my Wing waiting on wife to come out of the store , and a Cop pulled up, and got out and asked why I was sitting there . I said , I have a Handicap Tag, he said I don't care , I said , ok.......then I'll move. ... But , I have been told , they can't make that stick , with a Handicap Tag. I'm not sure .

Parking lots are generally private property, and the police won't come unless called by the property owners or business agency.. He was being a dorkhead. I would have let him give me the ticket, just to see the look on his face when the Judge ripped him a new-one for ticketing a handicapped person in a handicapped space. :hihihi:

MSGT-R":usvcnne9 said:
Parking lots are generally private property, and the police won't come unless called by the property owners or business agency.. He was being a dorkhead. I would have let him give me the ticket, just to see the look on his face when the Judge ripped him a new-one for ticketing a handicapped person in a handicapped space. :hihihi:

Lol!

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

MSGT-R":2fiekw4k said:
I bet the moron thinks you can't ride if you have a disability. Judge would correct that notion.

Latest posts