Why do you like it here?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slabghost

Reaction score
In the years I've been here I've learned a lot and met some really good friends. So I thought it'd be nice to have a thread to talk about the geewhizz moments. Where we learn of a simple fix for whatever that we might never have guessed. Or the moment of inspiration that got you going.
So lets see your stories here.
:thanks:

For me it's the community, as you all know I now have a well running 1500 so I don't get to use the tech so much anymore. Still, I enjoy the way a new member joins, with a baffling problem and how the community offers the fix many times in their Welcome thread. Where can you find this kind of willingness to help others these days? It just comes with being a GoldWinger because the same thing can be found in most Wing forums.

That's what keeps bringing me back everyday, that and Joel's(AApple) weekly stripteases in the Moderators forum. :hihihi:

~O~

It was the alternator conversion that made me come to this forum. Met some really great people online and in person that I otherwise would not have met.

Since then I have gained a lot of knowledge about these old wings.

Thanks to all.

I posted this in the "Donation Banner" thread, but it fits here as well:

I gotta say that this forum is really a life-changer, at least for me! Since I joined, I've made several good friends - Dan and Tony and their families, plus several awesome members with whom I've chatted with via PM and email. If not for this forum, I'd still have a pile of parts scattered around the garage. Instead, thanks to the generosity, motivation and encouragement of others here, there's a sweet running '83 Interstate, and a really pretty '82 that are my pride and joy! Thank you all!!!

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=108062#p108062:3ibq7pog said:
Omega Man » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:53 pm[/url]":3ibq7pog]
That's what keeps bringing me back everyday, that and Joel's(AApple) weekly stripteases in the Moderators forum. :hihihi:

~O~

:rant: THANKS O-man....thanks for embareassing me in front of the whole fambly... that wuz s'posed to be a secwet....yeeeesh...just cain't trust nobody no mo.....
sm_bedsheetsB_07xji.b.my_6.h_30.gif

:hihihi: :mrgreen:

I can say this aboot this place....if it weren't for having the CGW crew at me fingeringtips, my '81 would have been gone loooong ago. It would have been dumped off a cliff. BUT...since I DO have this great group of master backyard techs at my disposal, it's alive, and well.
'81 Goldwing- $2400
Stator and head gasket job-$1000
Having geniuses available to help solve EVERY problem created by me......PRICELESS. :thanks: :clapping: :wave:

well all I can say is I have had a great time ....learning and discussing oldwings and watching this forum grow to have its own identity .... there have been many things ive done here witch in most was to learn the oldwings for my own reason of liking them sharing what ive learn and listening to helpful comments on ways to do things ....

id say putting in early 1000 cams in a 1100 was quite the deal ....only took a day I think ... did it three times on two different bikes ... boy what a outcome ...learned about all the oldwing cams in the same bike ..

put 84 1200 stock In 82 1100 and used rear ignition from 1100 to hook up to bike and the ignition parts mix worked ..as far as I know i was the first to do that ...it runs but I have never finished yet ..for lack of brake parts ...fork seals and a few other things I don't have money for

then there's hooch another on going project of 86 1200 in 77 1000 ... with weber progressive carb set up ...1100 heads .... early 371 cams from 1000 ...this bike is a monster.

the c5 ignition product that this forum helped to get going and is one of hooches mods ...this is the oldwing setup for ignition at this ....nothing else even close ... I am glad to have been small part in the c5 ignition ..

the current junk yard dog dresser project ... an 84 1200 dresser that is set up hooch ....

the meet and greets we have had and the meeting of wingnuts and share stories ... was just absolutely great

looking forward to more of the same ...and all the people I know quite well and they me ... and have never met ...but here priceless :thanks:

Joining forums like this one is almost a requirement to keep these old girls running, so one day I stumbled onto this forum while looking for an answer to a problem I was having. I never had to ask a question to solve that problem as it was already asked by someone else and answered. The more I read, the more I realized that the information shared here is more accurate and geared towards the 4 cylinder Wings so I knew it was one of the forums that I wanted to join. I am a guy riding a low budget bike because I want to not because I have to. I enjoy wrenching on my bikes as much as I enjoy riding them… well, honestly riding them is a lot more fun. Here people do not snub their noses at those that are like me because everyone here for the most part is very much like me.

So, why do I like it here? The information that is shared here and the fact that it is correct, the friendships that I have made, and the memoires.

..This is a great place where we all have our own talents with these Wings. Sharing with each other makes it a wonderful place of knowledge you can depend on. Just asking a simple question can make life easier for anyone here, cause there are no wrong questions you can ask, even if you think it's wrong. I've worked on bikes since my younger years, had to read the manual, needed to ask someone questions, NO ONE THERE.. :crying: but with all these fine people here, Help is just a click away. So when i started the Goldwing adventure, always wondering about those flat motors, and seeing some oldies on the road, looking like new bikes, I got all hung up in them. I started my Path on putting them back on the road, for others, as well for myself. There are so many great people here, great fun too. IF your Not here, your missing out. Thanks Everybody... :thanks:

[url=https://forum.classicgoldwings.com/viewtopic.php?p=108094#p108094:1qlrj0ok said:
brianinpa » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:43 am[/url]":1qlrj0ok]
Joining forums like this one is almost a requirement to keep these old girls running, so one day I stumbled onto this forum while looking for an answer to a problem I was having.

So, why do I like it here? The information that is shared here and the fact that it is correct, the friendships that I have made, and the memoires.

ditto

I can say,i was welcomed with open arms and thank goodness for dan,who answers my inane questions about the single carb mod.i love you guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm here for the great information and friendly people. I am new here, and have been welcomed openly by y'all. There is so much information here for anyone to find, and once I started reading, I had to join. What a great world we live in that there are forums like this to help fellow Wingers. I have my first Wing which I am rebuilding, and can't wait to ride and go to some events to meet some of you in person. Thank you to y'all and lets have some fun!

Without CGW my August ride would not have been a reality

I was first drawn to the form for the technical information, and it is some of the best I've seen on any subject. I have hung around on the form mainly because of the quality of people on this form. I really admire the ingenuity and creativity of some of the people on this forum. The willingness to help others is a big plus with me. I suppose I should take the time to thank all of you to that of help me out along the way over the last few years. So to all you fine folks. Thanks for being here.

my first post as a newbie was what i thought would be considered a stupid question but it was answered almost immediately and the explanations on how it works (seafoam) came from people who had been there and done that and are more than willing to help .what an excellent site .

found the sight by accident, had a 79 gold wing that wasn't running. and after all the master mechinc's around here said it was a lost case. i asked for some help here.got a lot of responses and with minutes it was up and running.. talked to a lot of new people and made some new friends all over the country
and agian thanks for all the help and things i have learned from the forum. hope to have another project soon.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=108215#p108215:2ovd1pdz said:
slabghost » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:22 pm[/url]":2ovd1pdz]
I like the way most focus on fixing the real problem rather than replace parts until it works.
+1!