• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTBSet of Rear Shocks for a 1978

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverbullet

Reaction score
Looking for a good used set of progressives or air assist shocks for my 1978 Wing.

I had a set of air assist on it but they were old & rusty & leaking badly & replaced them with a set of originals I found on flea bay. OMG what a mistake that is! Thing rided rough!! Those old shocks were better riding than these. And when your recovering from 6 broken ribs, clavical, shoulder & collarbone. They just don't work. My little Helix rides far better. HELP PLEASE!!!

I might have a set, and i live in Appleton, Wisconsin. In fact we'll be at the GWRRA rally next weekend in Wausau.

I've got a box of rear shocks in the basement to dig through! If i dont have air shocks i believe i have a set of Progressive's that are much smoother riding than stock (in my opinion).

Well if you have them & there in good shape I'll take them. I live 6 blocks from the rally site so I'll be there. I'll pm you my phone number so we can meet! :yahoo: