Carbs knock, idle problems etc

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well the bike is running ....and i pleased that was the purpose of the thread ...there are many ways to help a fellow wingman ...and we had many inputs ...all were good ... questioning the tips is not a bad thing at all ...its obvious MagnAndy is quite the talent on bikes ...and im glad this thread is having a good outcome like the bike did .... :music: :yahoo: :mrgreen:

Wow, look at that. we resolved some bike issues, some rider issues (me) and some personal issues. What a website. Great Job everyone. Thanks so much. I bought some patches from this site and will wear them with pride. BTW... went riding around for a little while on saturday. Man, she runs like a dream.

toytender01":2a0fk5co said:
Great graphic Mc needs to be added to ours. Lots of us ar beating dead horses. :party:
Its already in there...just click on the bottom under the emoticons where it says "view more smiles" and it is on page 2. :mrgreen:

Hey Littlebeaver! I just want to tell you that it's after midnight here in CT and I just finished up putting my Wing back together after using the easy out idle jet method to fix my severely knocking low RPM problem. It wasn't easy getting those jets out I used a combination of number 1 and #2 easyouts and on 1 carb I even "gently" used my impact driver (my favorite tool). After putting it all together I started her up and WOW! She was purring... I even pulled my Girlfriend out of bed to come witness the "miracle". Thanks so much for posting your video, tomorrow I'll be riding to work and I WON'T be revving to 2000 RPM at stop lights to hide the embarassing knock. You're the best! I'll be posting before and after idle vids soon.

Well that's good , glad I could help a little..It was my wife though ha ha she's a great sport. I think if someone is removing these jets the bit I posted is your best bet from Ace or true value, I say that because it's the one I used :hihihi: I can't vouch for any other bit...I know the difference is like night and day and the idle is gonna be good...It will never knock or crud out on you again unless your filter isn't working proper..Also like Andy said blow them out with air well..

Here's one of my idle jets out of my 1980 gl1100i

Attachments

• idlejetremoval.jpg
    idlejetremoval.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 146
Now this is my bike after removing the idle jets, soaking them for about 4 hours in a gallon can of gunk carb cleaner, then running a guitar string through them. Then I put everything back together and this is the result, I did nothing else, I may try to synch them tomorrow. Thanks again Mr and Mrs Littlebeaver!

Latest posts