Carbs knock, idle problems etc

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes sir, it's knocking way too much for me man, a good sync. job is in order for that, Dan got himself some gauges and I saw his video and I got the same one's he had, and after I did mine I was smiling because that knocking sound totally went away..My advise to you is this, check your timing, it will tell you if your ignition system is good, a good clean spark advance and vacuum advance play a big role in a good running engine..I'd double check my belts and make sure the marks are on the arrows at T-1 and up is up on the pulley's. Oh and check the valves clearence's..

I have not checked the timing belt, I think I recall the guy I got the bike from a couple years ago said he changed it, maybe it's a tooth or 2 off? I've never done a timing belt before I hope Roady's got some instructions on that. I used his tutoral on valve clearance and it was excellent.

huskydad":2juhtocn said:
I have not checked the timing belt, I think I recall the guy I got the bike from a couple years ago said he changed it, maybe it's a tooth or 2 off? I've never done a timing belt before I hope Roady's got some instructions on that. I used his tutoral on valve clearance and it was excellent.

We have a few writeups on timing belt change and we can walk you through it, not hard at all.

Start a new thread in this forum and we'll git er done.

Latest posts