4 inch pulley anyone?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there are some good things to working and programing cnc machines for a small company , we have 8 mills and 10 lathes so i can do about anything and i get most the material i use to make stuff for free

countryboy843":2i243pcl said:
there are some good things to working and programing cnc machines for a small company , we have 8 mills and 10 lathes so i can do about anything and i get most the material i use to make stuff for free

My situation is remotely similar in that we are small and have the machines in-house, but I don't work on them directly so I can't invest my time and borrow the machine time.

There is some tension at work right now as one of the co-owners is temporarily re-assuming de-facto but not titular command of the machine shop and is driving the Supervisor nuts. It is an annual event that happens when the owner returns from 6 months holiday in the old country. It typically results in the Supervisor quitting as all their good work gets undone - I have seen it each of the 3 years I have been with the company. Unfortunately this has de-railled the lowest bid I had for the pulleys. I'll have another try once the bone chips settle.

Until then, you are the best cost option that I see. Even 'though any coming into Canada are going to have to pay brokerage and customs duties on top of shipping, it might still be a good deal. Keep me in mind for one please - I would get one just to preserve the alternator option.

sorry all its been a horriable week ( someone stole my truck , atleast it wasnt my bike !!!! ) . i am starting on mine right now to get everything worked out so i can make multiple pullies . i had to order a couple tools and the price of the material it looks like around 75-80 per pulley as long as i can get 15 to cover all my costs and a couple of dollars for my time ( i will be making 4 dollars per pulley at this price ) . i should have mine ready to go on my bike next week to make sure of the fit before i make any to go out so we know they fit

CB, let me know when you are ready & order infor as I have about 8 wanted on some of the other sites. I could give you a list of thier names or I'll give them you details.. Thanks Angela

Country - consider two keyways - not much extra work when making it but HUGE later if you bugger one up. Also my drawing has not been checked by Dan yet - it was based on a pair of "napkin sketches" and some generic research so beware. I suggest making the first one from cheap stock, not the stainless in case it needs adjusting.

Does your price include shipping or is it FOB (Free On your Bench - LOL)?

We have a full 15 solid wants over @ Steve's. I have forwarded this list to Dan to add in with those here. No interest on any of the other sites. There was one that wanted 2 but i think he was on this site. Just opff hand I don't remember. :Awe: :smilie_happy:

Thanks for the list Angela. I'll put them all together.

I don't really see any reason for a second keyway since once the pulley is placed on the crankshaft and bolted on using loctite it's there for good, pretty tough to bugger up the keyway knotch.

dan filipi":8tckf1mo said:
Thanks for the list Angela. I'll put them all together.

I don't really see any reason for a second keyway since once the pulley is placed on the crankshaft and bolted on using loctite it's there for good, pretty tough to bugger up the keyway knotch.
Dan here is another name. dean_3326
Chas, you are absolutly right as to my memory.

well it seems somone has gotten a better price , i cant even get the steel and tools anywhere near that price ?? . if anyone is still interested i am going to make mine and once its made i will be able to produce copies , and i am going to work on a two peice where the shaft and pulley are seperate which would allow me to heat treat and posiably hard chrome plate the pulley and also allow the replacement of the parts at a cheaper price if something was to ever get messed up

countryboy843":2mcucqt5 said:
well it seems somone has gotten a better price , i cant even get the steel and tools anywhere near that price ?? . if anyone is still interested i am going to make mine and once its made i will be able to produce copies , and i am going to work on a two peice where the shaft and pulley are seperate which would allow me to heat treat and posiably hard chrome plate the pulley and also allow the replacement of the parts at a cheaper price if something was to ever get messed up

Who gave a better price???

CB, that is my post & that was the original post when Andy thought he could get them for that but that was conjintent on 60 or more for the first order. This didn't happen as we only seemed to be able to get about 20 -30. It is great that you have the ability & the interest in doing this for us & as you can see, I have recruited on 5 other forums & have brought in 17 orders from elsewhere than this site. I , as do everybody here & over @ Steve's for that matter really appreciate what you have offered & you have given the best cost yet. Most of us would be willing to pay ove a c note for this pulley, so anything that is less is greatly valued. Angela aka fysty-1 :yahoo: :yahoo:

countryboy843":ijfbo5xt said:
theres a post a couple clicks up that says he can get them for 35 plus shipping

No, that was a copy of a very old post.
$35 was unconfirmed and even at that it was for a quantity of 60.

We're interested what you can do cb.

Latest posts