4" pullies have been paid for

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danf

Reaction score
Hello fella's I'm starting a new post here, for those who have not seen my post on my conversion I found a machinist here in San Antonio, Texas that has agreed to make us some pullies Dan and I talked about some minor changes and he sent me a timing crank pulley for the machinist to fit and check his work by also to make sure the keyway fits all proper and such. I provided the machinist with a actual 3 rib pulley and a 3/8" v-belt pulley I got as models for him to measure by as well...He owns and operates his own shop, [one guy], one guy with lots of work, he projected the first five pullies to be done on the 12th and the second order to be started on the 22th. The second order is the v-belts so I order 10 all together.. I have made a list of members that are wanting a pulley here, please pm me if you change your mind or if you would like one it should be no problem getting these gone... This is how it's gonna work. Once I receive these I will post photo'sof them....Dan has agreed to take payments via PayPal for me because I don't have a PayPal thingy..[there is No money being made here by me his price is your price....] I have paid this Machinist $1.300 out of our account so that members here can have a chance at getting one for their Conversion...these pullies are going to be made of T-6 AirCraft Aluminum for material, the changes were minor, we made the length on the spacer part 1/8" longer so it clears the bolthead on the timing cover and the step in part is just a hair longer..should be perfect.. Here are the names of members listed for the Serpentine Pulley
1.Myself
2.Wilcoy
3.N2PPN
4.1060dsl
V-belt pulley
1.1060dsl
2.Chas.
Again if you wish to to be on the list just post it here or pm me..No payments will be accepted until the product is in my hands..There could possibly be a delay I will let you know something Monday evening..These are 4" pullies..the price is $130.00 each plus the shipping cost I will see about that a little later on the exact cost of shipping..But it's been done and all I'm doing now is waiting, Your name is just based on your word which is fine by me, if you change your mind there's no problem, these will go to the next person I'm sure.. :music3: If this deal goes bad for me and I don't get my pullies from him for some reason, it was nice knowing you guy's because my wife is going to freakin kill my ass.. :smilie_happy:

Bill I will ask the machinist tomorrow and I will let you know Sir..I will try my best to get him to do it.. Now is the bolt hole the only difference, are all the other measurements the same.. So the bore hole should be for a 10 mm bolt and the hole should be a hair larger than 10mm ..I will ask..Bill if he says yes I assume you want on the list? would 13/32" be about right?

Serpentine's are:
1.Myself
2.Wilcoy
3.N2PPN
4.1060dsl
V-belts are:
1.1060dsl
2.Chas.
3.Ohio Bill [1000 cc special]

OhioBill":3lfxdtek said:
yes to all of your questions.

Thanks,

OhioBill
Yes he said he can make it for a 10mm bolt so I put you on the list.. guy's he's a bit behind so let's let him do his thing and lets be very patient..The only change he is going to make is the bore hole size everything else is going to be the same as the others.. Now this $130.00 price of his is for 5 at a time and it doesn't change if you order 10 of them..it's like double that if you order just one of them..He can make these in steel but it's going to cost a lot more, like in the $170.00 or so..These will have the keyway as shown in Dan's plan's and photo..soon or later this month I will post photo's of these..If anyone wishes to confirm his price just send me a pm and I can get you in contact with him..Oh and no these will not be powdercoated...

Oh by the way fella's my name is Martin Wood .. When these pullies are sent out I will send you a tracking number and a timing site cap as a gift...I am considering just waving the shipping cost..I think everyone here has been thru alot and I have waited a really long time too so I know where your at...My plan is to ship it priority mail with tracking and you may have to sign for it..

toytender01":1ethc4lv said:
OK Martin Wood AKA Little Bever I am Robert Wood AKA toyender so iI guess that makes us blood brothers :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :music2: :music2:
We don't put no S on the end of our Sir name, I get all wet when people call me Wood's...I hate that crap...Oh Hey Robert I have a natural born brother also named Robert Wood..How neat..Now back to our regular topic here, My bike has been apart now for some time and it's making me crazy no way nohow am I going to make this machinist angry...I have seen his shop and I know it's gotta be hotter than hell in there because it's a scorcher out there today..He told me a few day's ago that he had 5 jobs to do on the lathe and when mine comes around he will get it, I'm not pushing him..I know these will get done..He did say he had to order a 10mm reamer for that one 1000 pulley though..so I'm curious to see if he can get the first 5 by the 12th..I don't think he even knows yet..But I do know he is going to get them..Please be patient fella's...Oh my skin is thick I promise I won't get mad and run off..

I hope he gets these first 5 on time...I will let you guy's know something on tuesday..

I emailed this machinist guy today, he said that he has all 10 pullies rough cut, I explained to him that I need to know when these will be ready, he said 3 weeks max, I'm not real happy about this but I want my pulley so I guess I wll have to wait..I have paid this individual $1.300 of our own money to get these, and you want to know what's so stupid, there wasn't a freakin thing wrong with my homemade one, If I wasn't so upset over the last machinist and his inability to delivery that I wanted to right what was wrong, at least I had brains enough not to take anyone's money in advance for these...I kid around alot probably too much, I'm really not in a very good mood right now but I need to let you guy's know what's going on... I did explain to this individual all that has transpired here in the past regarding these pullies...Unreal man..freakin unreal..If you want to hang on grreat if not I totally understand... my mistake was I paid him in full...didn't have to..Martin, my bike has been down for a month and now I'm told it will be three more freakin weeks, yeh I'm pissed...Usually takes a week or two for me to calm down when I get this way...

Beav....this always cheers me up.... :wave:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh3mug7TtBQ[/video]

:smilie_happy:

I can't see it, my browser has issues with certain photo's on here, thanks for the thought though.. He said he would give me an update Friday...Yeh Dan said I should have paid him half instead of the whole sum, I thought giving him the total up front would give him plenty of insentive for future jobs... Now I'm not sure if I could recommend him to anyone.. At least he has answered every e-mail promptly and I recieved a receipt for the work to be done, he's just one guy and he can't seem to judge his abilities very well...I would have help if I had that many jobs going on..Machining is an art, I know I operate a bandsaw and I'm really one of the best at it with my wood crafts...Making these for me wouldn't be a problem once I learned the lathe, I used a lathe in HS for wood and it wouldn't take me but a short time to learn how to operate a metal cutting lathe..I'm so stubborn I may just go buy one and make them myself...I hate depending on someone else for stuff...Can stand it..I like doing it myself man..But I did the next best thing, I ordered them..Have a pro do it.. :shock: And this is what I get...

My machinist sent this to me tonight...As a tease..At least we can see them, it's gonna happen fella's hang on..I feel like I'm driving the bus with all of you guy's hanging on for dear life out the sides as we travel up and down this rocky hilly road of pulleyland.. :smilie_happy: This made me feel much better....at least I know they are in the process now and you guy's know too...Awesome..So they are going to be late big poop..I see them..Do you see them?[View attachment 1View attachment 1 I'm feeling a lot better now..He's said he was going to make a video..But I don't know..

Tell ya what Beav - if he stiffs ya I will pay for mine! as a matter of fact give me your paypal email and I will pay for it now!

I just hope you guy's haven't taking your bikes apart or anything like I have.. Let's just hold off on the money for now, Dan's going to be the one to pay when time comes anyway,please hold off on that.. I think these are going to be nicely made...He does nice work.. I have been tried and tested on patience, Joe asked what was so hard about making these round little disc, that's funny because it's so so true...Nothing hard really, looks pretty simple to me if you have the right tools..I was looking at buying a lathe, but I changed my mind when I saw some accidents and aftermath caused by a lathe..Man that was some gorry stuff...Don't let your kids see those photo's...Wasn't much for eating after viewing those photo's...

The peanutbutter jelly time was funny but unfortuniately the next clip was more my speed, Fire Farts.

Hang in there Little Beaver, you are going much farther than was necessary. I'm not going anywhere with my order. My homemade one works fine but I wanted a pully that was right. I also have the luxury of having two motorcycles so I don't have any down time.

OhioBill

Don't beat yourself up beav. This is what makes life so exciting. Never knowing for certain that things will work one way or the other. Just think in three years you will have forgotton all about this.

wilcoy02":27r5t5pd said:
Don't beat yourself up beav. This is what makes life so exciting. Never knowing for certain that things will work one way or the other. Just think in three years you will have forgotton all about this.
I think he's gonna step it up now... 3 more years, that's so funny you say that because I hear this 3 more year thing alot from my 15 year old daughter and wife, she's always telling me "3 more years" 3 more years Dad...Ya know why???? Because I'm 52 and in three years I will be like what 55, so that means I can then order of the Senor menu and the I Hop or Denny's, Jim's.. :smilie_happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts