4" pullies have been paid for

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, my wife kinda played me like a drum ... :shock: It's hard to put one over on me I must say.... She was acting upset until she gave me my father's day gift from her and the children, I damn near cried but the tears didn't drop, but my eye's got pretty watery for sure, they took a picture and blew it up and framed it so I could place on the wall in front of the computer screen...What a great gift it is...Here it is...

Hey fella's I just got in from Kansas, been there a few day's,, I'll check with him on the pullies and I will let you know what he says......

I e-mailed him and he replied and said that he will post some photo's tomorrow...He is waiting on a reamer or a 10mm drill bit or one of those two not sure, but it's for that 1000 pulley..special bore hole..

Ok fella's it's 11:19 pm and I have not gotten a e-mail, I sent him one asking him where the photo's were and I have not gotten a response...

I went by the machinists shop today so I could pick up my alternator and to have a look at the pullies, he has the step down cut out and the holes are being drilled out, the belt grooves are not cut yet, I assume that will be one of the last things to be done, listen up, the fit in the crank hole fits perfectly, it made me smile, I'm very pleased with his work so far on the pullies, having the timing crank pulley there really helps to fit the keyway and step down.. I asked him when these will be done and he thinks next week.. He also said that he will post some photo's tonight..So stayed tuned please, if the grooves turn out and well as the fit in the crank hole I'm going to be very please with him...He does really nice work...I just want him to prove it to me..and so far he is slowly getting it done... Hang on guy's I saw them...Hang on..

Ok he came thru with the photo's fella's, there is progress here, here is a photo of the pullies with the 10mm hole punched out, he will enlarge the other nine for the 12mm bolt then cut the keyway, I amagine the last step is the grooves , he all ready has the cut bit made up for the grooves...Anyway, things seem to be much happier between us now...I feel...these are going to be sweet..When done....here's the photo's of the progress....I love that he sends me photo's as he goes because that's how I do things too...Slow and easy is ok as long as they get done.. :clapping:View attachment 2View attachment 1

This guy is good, he actually makes aircraft parts, sometimes we don't always get what we want when we want it but as long as I see progress like this, it's a good thing.. I put my faith in him, and nobody ever wants to be wrong about who we choose for a job, he knows you guy's are waiting and he knows my wife is about to kill me... [collect her insurance on me :smilie_happy: ] so I quit buying expensive items for my motorcycle... :shock: :shock: he told me he is doing the best that he can...I'm not his only customer... :fishin:

There is ten the other two were not in the photo, 5 of each will be made...the solid part will be the same on both and he will cut them in..

yes, i asked him if there are ten and he said yes ten...Jerid has communicated really well, he did e-mail the next day and he has always let me know what has been going on.. So I will give him a thanks for that, I think we all know what it's like not to hear anything at all..... :shock:

Hey fella's, Jerid [machinist] sent me a photo and said all the pullies will be ready for pickup on Tuesday... Here are some photo's for you fella's to view.....I just hope I have not lost anyone's respect for my bad behavior in the earlier post...If these are ready on tuesday like he says then I think we are getting really close to sending them out to you guy's that may still wish one..I feel that Jerid has done well considering he has his big lathe down still and he has been using his smaller lathe to cut these with, and 20 other jobs....Here are the photo's...View attachment 2View attachment 1

littlebeaver":dx0vx816 said:
.....I just hope I have not lost anyone's respect for my bad behavior in the earlier post..
Thats OK Beav.....patience is a virtue!!
I feel that Jerid has done well considering he has his big lathe down still and he has been using his smaller lathe to cut these with, and 20 other jobs
Out of curiosity, have you seen that his name is written as Jerid? I only ask because that is how you pronounce my name but it is actually spelled Gerard! :hihihi:

Good Job on the pulley's Beav!! Proud of Ya Beav for what ya did for everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :good: Later :hi: Bob

I never wish to jump the gun on anything but he sent me an e-mail stating that these will be done tuesday and they will be ready for pickup..Listen up, we will not except any payments until these on in my hands, I actually would like Dan to inspect one first before we send any out to members, I'm a pretty good QC too and I know they fit the hole prefectly and I promise to go thru all the measurement and take a belt to match the grooves ect, and I will get a 10mm bolt to check the bolt hole on the one for Ohio Bill, I bet he's thrilled...I'm not sure if Jerid has in mind to work on these in the future or not but I'm sure he may..I shall ask ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts