4" pullies have been paid for

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This Machinist guy sent me a photo and he said to tell you guy's here that he was working on my order 100 percent of his time now....I wanted to show you his beautiful work that we probably won't get to have anymore of in the future, thanks to my rants yesterday...I screwed that up..Because he read it and he's all upset now..Probably...

Yeh, I just want to put my cycle back together soon and for those guy's that bailed on me. I'm very sorry to you....Maybe he will deal with some of you guy's but it's doubtful he will deal with me because I think he's upset with me now...

littlebeaver":1v4ho54s said:
Nothing hard really, looks pretty simple to me if you have the right tools..I was looking at buying a lathe, but I changed my mind when I saw some accidents and aftermath caused by a lathe..Man that was some gorry stuff...Don't let your kids see those photo's...Wasn't much for eating after viewing those photo's...

littlebeaver you are right once you write the program for the lathe a kid can run it. I have been programming and running C.N.C. lathes and mills or about 15 years and still have all my fingers.
Besides didn't anyone tell you that riding a motorcycle was dangerous and you could get hurt? But we still ride every chance we get don't we. :smilie_happy:
And those pics I saw of crashes were bad also.
Anyway to my point I am not trying to back this guy up or nothing but I am in charge of scheduling pretty much at our shop and the programming for all of the machines.
I can tell you all it takes is for tooling not to show up on time or a machine to break down and take a day or two to get parts and a service guy out can really throw a wrench into the timing of things.
Luckily we have enough machines to usually switch things over to another one (a job that is not hot) if something breaks down and is going to be down for a while.
I would say that it would have been nice to email you or otherwise touch base with you if he was not able to meet the deadline seeings that you are not a big company or whatever.
It took me about 5 hours to make my pulley there is two setups on the lathe and one on the mill to put in the keyway. It prob. would have been about six hours for two of them.
My point is once he is set up it should be quick.
Jerry

thanks Jerry, I plucked up and I know it, he did tell me they would be late, and in advance...He has e-mailed me regularly, he has done his best and I know it.. I was writing out of my butt.. This guy is a good man and he is behind and I understand that...In his case the normal work that is done for a project like this the bearings went south on his primary lathe..I was being a complete ass..It's not his fault that what happened here in the past on these pullies and the issues we had is still weighing heavy in our minds, especially mine..Here's the difference in individuals, this guy called me right away with a price, then he listened and took in what I was explaining to him. To this day he continues to email me, I apologized for my rants as he did read it...I do have diabete's and those that know sometimes our blood sugar can get screwed up, and my bike has been apart since the 9th of May...I really can't put it back together because I had the guy at the alternator shop put the 3 rib pulley on the alternator and it's still at his shop, so he has a model for it.. I feel really bad for showing my frustrations on here, the guy's that know me were probably totally shocked..As I consider myself to be really an easy going fella, happy go lucky most alway's...Like I said I messed up..I want these pullies to be made in a good way, not in a bad way....That is most important to me..He's hard at work on these and I think the World of him, honestly I do..Too many times the customer is wrong, too many times things happen out of someone's control, I acted like a small child that didn't get what he wanted...I did..I guess I knew they would be delayed but not for three more weeks, I think each one of you would like this guy, his work is looking good..And he went out of his way to make the one 10mm 1000 one too...I really should just relax and wait is all...Here's what I'm saying I was wrong and I know it... :fishin: Oh yeh, if you guy's noticed I changed my whole position on this once I saw the photo's he sent me..Oh he is having to use a much smaller lathe when he really needs the larger one, I really feel for him..

As a diabetic myself, I know what your going thru, the mood swings are phenomenal from one extreme to the other, but you will learn what you have to do to keep yourself centered. There is a learning curve. I've never met you, but I can tell your a good person and it takes a big man to admit he is wrong and apologize for his mistakes. Hang in there, them pulleys going to get to you and you gonna be dancing in the street.

Hay Beav, quit your crying :fiddle: ,....I'm a moody self-centered, happy go lucky guy,( who only gets pissed off when it doesn't go MY Way :rant: ), want it Now!!, and always talks before he thinks :whistling: , diabetic mood swinging, gotta take Meds to keep me Centered :whip: type of a Guy :headscratch: ,............aaahh Are we related :swoon: :smilie_happy: !!!! Just remember your not alone :eek:k: !!!!! What your are doing to make right goes far beyond what a lot of people wouldn't even consider doing and admitting your wrong rants, just shows what type of person you really are :salute: !!!! I don't wanna really go there, but I'm awful proud of myself :smilie_happy: ,.... I mean you!!!! :yahoo: Later Dude :hi: Bob PS. Hope this Cheers ya Up :eek:k: :good: !!!!!!

I do have the thick skin, like a elephant...Rhino.. These pullies are going be be nice...I'm a great sport, if you guy's wish to start calling me names I shall laugh along with ya, it's ok..man it's ok..Those photo's he sent changed my mood like a light switch going on and off....Back to my normal state of mind now that goodness for the rest World..

Hay Beav We Love Ya man,.... again it's awful nice what yur doin!!!! :yes: Just tryin to help lighten the load :blush: !!! :wave: Later Bro., :salute: :hi: Bob

Yeh,,,, I know, it's cool man, I'm cool, everything is better now...

My wife ain't talking to me much right now because she's ......Well anyway tomorrow's Father's Day....Maybe I'll go wet-a-line or something.. :fishin: :smilie_happy: Alone as my wife is not too happy with me right now over this whole pulley thing... :shock: :shock:

funny... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :Egyptian: She will get over it...It's no big deal..I think she was having a hard time at work...This ain't the first or last time she's gotten upset with me... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

beav a little over a week ago you wrote he was behind and they would be a little late. At least he told you where he stood and kept you informed. That has to be worth a lot. Not hearing anything and not knowing what happened is more trouble than it is worth. So I do not feel any delay he has is his fault. So you need to realize he is being up front with you.

Beaver are legal to trap here in Ohio in the fall so do not look to Ohio to seek reclusion.

wilcoy02":166oksek said:
Beaver are legal to trap here in Ohio in the fall so do not look to Ohio to seek reclusion.

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: Ya I've been hunting Beaver most of my adult life!! getting harder and harder to find these days !! :Egyptian: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts