84 1200 in 82 naked standard

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Slabghost,

Is Joedrum still not feeling well?

With the GL12 engine installed in the GL11 frame.

I guess you have the hyd. clutch master pull instead of the Cable clutch pull correct.

My GL12 is so easy/light to pull the clutch, My GL11 has a much heavier pull.

I have thought of converting my GL11 to a Hydraulic pull, instead of cable.

I put a new Clutch Cable in, still heavier than the GL12, I put in new clutch disc's in the GL11 while I had the rear cover off and roughed up the metal discs between the clutch disc's as they were badly glazed, clutch was slipping before I installed the new one, also put in a new Heavy Duty Rick's stator in at the same time.

Joe is bad. No hydraulic clutch on that 1200. Joe modified to use the 1100 cable pull. Others have done the reverse and used hydraulic actuators on 1100 clutches.

westgl":nl321z2t said:
That's too Bad,

I hope JoeDrum get's better soon.
As do I my friend. We've grown close over time. He's been a good friend and good company. I don't want to lose that.

well i moved the 82 1200 transpant to the otheer end of the building wheres theres mor light to fininsh it up i would hope to be up anf going before meet and greet...not realy a lot to do to it ..... :mrgreen:

gee i had to read my own thread to figure out whats going on with 1200 mod its been so long :roll: ....im going to try and get it up and going ....my only off move so far is i didnt change the 1200 output shaft with the 1100 shaft ...i just didnt want to break into the rear cover cause of lack of funds for gasket ...so i wish i would have but i have a hard spending money on something till i know it all good ....im going to try and see if i can get it all put together ...now that i can see to work on it .... :mrgreen:

1200 shaft is short and no ring for snap ring to go ...1100 longer and has that ....im thinking of trying something else to hold it in place ...just dont know what that is right now

well im on a roll ...i have two running 1200 projects running on canterstands and no rear wheel on either ... :whistling: so its time to to get them wheeled and ridable ...when i left off on this bike i needed to hook up vacume fuel pump ...and see if it will get the gas out of the tank and feed the motor.....this will be my long hauler for sure ...i hope to post some progress pics soon :mrgreen:

well i time for me to get this bike bike done its been running over a yr and i havnt finished it and there really nothing big to finish it ...pads seals and all for brakes and forks ....its quite the interesting mod bike and im rather sure its a first the way it was done ....so another 1200 mod bike from the doghouse ....some of you newer guys ought to read the thread ....im going to start gearing things to finish this bike ...i cant wait to ride it :mrgreen:

Latest posts