84 1200 in 82 naked standard

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
joedrum":2nb18owe said:
yes gerry it is its realy naked at the moment

Is that this one Joe?

image.php

no pics the camera is not working again ....seems the computer dosnt reconise the card at all .....seems like the batteries are good and the camera funtion right .....my kids just ram sack the computer with all kinds of crap there just a holes in this regard ...i think my computer is just full of crap that these non caring idiots put on it :rant:

anyway the motor is in and the carbs are on they just bearly fit in there it was close ....there is a frame structure that in the path of the airbox opening so thats a problem.....there seems to be a vacume line for the ignition.....the starter cable is short the 1200 starter is longer that causes this.....then the wiring in the front of the motor is entirely different and i need to identif fied them as compared to the 1100 wiring .....im sure ill have to bypass some stuff as it might work in the wiring but this is unknown.....sorry about the pics ....the computer been trashed ever since i got back from fla.

the 82 is next on the list to see if it will run im almost ready to try it to ijust need to put on the radiator and secure the carbs down ...and fiddle with some mismatch wiring to get around ....im sure it will be a day porject or more....some unknowns for sure ....but nothing that some creative wiring cant solve i hope :hihihi: :mrgreen:

Just don't connect the fram combobulater to the flux capacitor. You'll end up another dimension in a flash of sparks! :smilie_happy: :hihihi: :music2:

i feel the same way randy....but im on a roll right now ive got a plan to clean that frame up and get started on putting it back together... :Egyptian: :builder: :help: :rtfm: :mrgreen:

well i worked hard today on the 82 ...1200 mod man how many times dose it take to get the carbs on right ...if your me four times over a vacume line and a throttle cable its all wired up except for the nuetral switch as far as motor gose anyway ....wired in the stator ....started on the radiator ....man some people just way over tighten sttuff on alumium motors thats crazy ....it was realy hard to get the thermostat houseing ....water pump cover loose ...i thought it was going to break.....toss the thermostat and check the water pump shaft ...it look good....and partly installed the radiator....getting to dark to see ....

so ive got a cluster of wires maybe six that come out at the same spot on the 12oo motor ....where the 1100 has one ....im thinking nuetral switch....one of the 1200 wires is probably a nuetral switch wire .....if the unknowns check out then i might go looking for it .....

if things do go good the next step is trying to hook up the hydralic clutch deal the 1200 has .....another deal is deal is there is no place to hook up the tack .....and also there is no fuel pump either on the 1200.....

but this wont stop me from trying the motor ...ive gravity feed test tank and there no back wheel to cause me any problems with no clutch.....

its looking good for a try tomarrow to see if it will run ....im totaly beat today from doing things over and over ...gee i didnt think i was going to get through it without having a fit ...but i stay rather calm ....there is so much going on under a 1200 carb rack to deal with and it just dose go in the 1100 frame ....god wanted me to practise the proccess til i got good at it :smilie_happy: :mrgreen:

well its running and its smoking ....it seems to be clearing some .....it will only run when the choke or enriching curcits are pulled ....if you give it any gas it dies instantly ...and it wont idle at all without the choke pulled all the way out .....so theres probably carb work to do ...strange carbs compared to 1000s or 1100s....

but im thrilled to prove it will work with very few mods ....and discouraged that the motor is smoking so much ...

but at the same time i didnt notice any smoke coming out the crankcase breather ....thats encouraging for sure....id say ...i could feel some air coming out of there

i guess tomarrow ill check the compression ...cant remember if i did that yet

im going to try and find out as much as i can on the 1200 carbs tonight .....thats all i got for today :mrgreen:

Carbs might need cleaning. Jets are screw in. Be extremely careful if you remove the tops. There is a diapragm there that lifts the slides. If it is torn the slides won't lift properly and they are very expensive to replace.

well today im pulling the carb rack off again at least i know the motor is running it looks like the 1200 carbs are rather easier to work on i searched all over last night for some good info on carb rebuild .....

so out come the carbs for a scubbing :mrgreen:

Latest posts