dressing the rear end finaly

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey Joe Both of my Goldwings are 1980 Standards , the Black one was super rough , it sit outside for years , so, I'm just kinda using it for parts since I found the While one , would it have the kind of forks your talking about on it ??? it has a after market Bags and Fairing , if I got anything that will help you we'll work out something , or trade some , whatever it takes .

the forks i got are from an 80 or 81 ....they came from the junkyard and the tubes were pitted and rusted....but i had to take a chance that i could clean them up and seals would hold but this didnt happen the seals are leaking and i dont think the tubes are good enough to warant new seals and bushing .... if your parts bike forks have good forks and tubes that are not pitted i would have a need for them.....but thats asking a lot from something thats been out in the weather ......if the forks look to bad for service you might want to take the caps off and see if they might have progressive springs in them...the honda springs are two peice and the progressives are one peice ....if they are progessives i would love to have them but you should check your white wing first and see if it has progressives if not then you need to keep these for whity cause this is a huge upgrade from stock and i wouldnt feel right about getting them ....my wing dives hard in the front end as a lot of wings did so this was a common upgrade ....if whitey dosent dive hard under braking and your not using a lot of air or no air theres a good chance you got progressive springs....springs dont suffer from outside treatment.....what im wanting in the big picture is good forks rebuilt with progressive springs and fork brace to stiffen and true the front end up....on my forks the tubes are just to bad to start with

let me know what you think on the condition of the forks sledge thanks

Ok Joe , we have been sitting around today , the Sun has come out , it was raing this morning , I'll go out and look at these Forks , and I need to go hunt some 2,000 grit sand paper today and do some wet sanding on my Goldwing. I'll let you know this evening what I got , and if it will help you , we'll do whatever it takes.

Tory":3nb9po5g said:
:mrgreen: :shock: :sensored: :sensored: :head bang: :Awe: :head bang: :head bang: :head bang:
:beg: :beg: :beg: :beg: :beg: :beg: :beg: :beg: :beg:

@$%#@%$# %$## ^&%$V %$#@ ^#W *&^# &^$&^%(* ^&% *&@#$%^&%# :swoon:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Omega Man":12ld1kiy said:
Sorry Joe no luck...for you :( , but I found a left side dipstick, shift lever w/rubber, and two near new front brake discs for $50 for myself. :clapping:

~O~

He heard about the dipstick I found...and I just don't have the heart to tell'm I wanna install mine. well...I guess I just did. :blush:

edit: No wait, that was scdmarx.

~O~

hey Joe , well........I looked at the forks on my Black Goldwing , and they are kinda rough , I don'y know if they could be cleaned , or maybe sanded and then Buffed or not , I didn't take them apart , so I'm not sure what kind of Springs are in them .... when I get caught up a little I'll check them out ,

Hey Joe D are the down tubes the ones you are looking for?? I have the ones I pulled from mine.. the left side has rebound and all but the left side (air nozzle) has something that is broken down inside.. but if it can be separated I believe you coud reuse the down tube.. let me know..

Joep":11z363cu said:
Hey Joe D are the down tubes the ones you are looking for?? I have the ones I pulled from mine.. the left side has rebound and all but the left side (air nozzle) has something that is broken down inside.. but if it can be separated I believe you coud reuse the down tube.. let me know..

yes the down tubes on mine to ruff to invest in seals and busching and springs....when i did my mods the rear air shocks were factory but had stickers that that said magium tour master by progressive spings .....they dont need any air even two up on my bike ...together were proably 320 lbs .....the shocks are 1 inch shorter than 1000 shocks and a lot stiffer and realy improve the feel of the bike...now if i can get the front to be as good as the back

so yes i would like some tubes????

ive finaly got the fairing reposition to put the vetter lowers on .......its certinly not going to look like others ive seen.....it seems to me that lowers are for some other model of bike other than a goldwing ,this had me stumped for a while in deep thought about what to do and finanly i think ive got worked out on what to do and i like where its going and i think its realy going to look good .....but theres all kind of modifying thats going to be done behind the lowers where your legs are thats going to cover the open part of the motor to the side covers....im not sure how im going to this yet but its getting done.....these lowers had side covers molded on them ...id say they were for an inline four of some kind but in no way did this fit the wing so i cut them off following the curve of the inside lowers and when monted the inside peice to the goldwing frame it leaves about a 3inch gap to the lowers monted on the fairin ....i want to fill the gap on this peice to where it meets the out side peice an mont it to the frame to where it can come on and off.....then the lower itself is momted to the fairing....and the fairing itself slides on and off with 2bolts that secure it......this is the best thing ilike about the way i monted my vetter take 2bolts out and slide it off right down to the naked forks in less than 5 minutes easy.......

the vetter bags required no modifying at all just a great setup....for a guy who cant leave anything alone this is high praise!!!!!!!!!

its been raining dayly and things are moving slow im taking pics and hope to put some up prefitting and stuff so you guys can see the mods that have to be done

:shock: :builder: :Awe: :laptop: :laptop: :builder: :heat: :builder: :heat: :laptop: :laptop: :eek:k: :builder: :beer: :beer: :lazy: :builder: :builder: :mrgreen:

Joe, Here is what the lowers normally look like when mounted:

Attachments

• MVC-012F.JPG
    MVC-012F.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 72
so gerry you dont like having the vetter lowers on ......i notice there not on in your avitar......

ive rpossition the fairing and went for a ride this will be ok .... ilike the mirrows up higher and moving it forward didnt borther me either....

Joe, I only put the lowers on when the temps outside are down below 50 degrees and are staying there for a while. Otherwise, the lowers send the engine heat right down onto my feet and roast them real good! They do really help for winter riding, but are brutal for summer riding.

The other reason is, my wife likes the look of the exposed engine. If it were up to her, she would remove the faring (she thinks it makes the bike look like the Cat women bike from the 70's).