Elio Motors

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverbullet

Reaction score
Folks, I'm not a gambling man, My Wife does enough for the 2 of us. When I came across this company I really became fasinated with the concept. There isn't anything I haven't seen or read about this vehicle.
Whats not to like about 84 mpg $6.800 comes stock with, heater, air, electric windows & door lock & their finding a way to add cruise. I'll opt for the automatic tranny so my mileage will be lower. 107 mph top speed, American made. To be made in Shrevport La. Where they bought a completly tooled plant that GM closed.
I commute 70 miles a day on a 4 lane slab 6 days a week. With the money I'll save, I'll easily afford the payment. I'll have a few months to devolope a nest egg & I will sell my convertible.

So I reserved me one of these @ the $100 level. Hopefully I'll take ownership next summer/fall. I want the Creamsicle color. It could turn out to be the greatest thing on 3 wheels or it could be a turd. If it turns to be a turd, it will look good with my Helix. If its a GR8 thing I want to be the first on the block to have one. Looks like a ton of fun to drive! When they come out with a convertible, I may have to have one as well.

If it doesn't pan out, lets just say I've pissed away more money on lesser follies in life!

https://www.eliomotors.com/

Elio on FB,
https://www.facebook.com/ElioMotors?fref=ts

Very cool.
In my heart of hearts, i know it won't get 84 mpg....and I know i'll cost more than 6800.
Still, for my "too cold/wet to ride commute"...I'd SO get one of these!

steveb123":u65685fk said:
Very cool.
In my heart of hearts, i know it won't get 84 mpg....and I know i'll cost more than 6800.
Still, for my "too cold/wet to ride commute"...I'd SO get one of these!
You could very well be right! I want mine with an auto tranny. So heck even if it got 70 to 75 mpg I'll be happy.
Another reason I'm in is, in case they raise the price after the one's that have their's reserved gets theirs. Just my sic thinking.....