Fuel delivery please help

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the look. I'd remove at least the jets and floats and clean as much as I could. Best way for me is remove one float. Clean the body good. Then remove one jet. Clean it and reinstall it. Then the next jet.Then the last jet. Put the float back with the "cleaned needle valve. Do the same to the next carb. No chance of mixing up parts that way.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=85265#p85265:109sdgte said:
slabghost » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:12 pm[/url]":109sdgte]From the look. I'd remove at least the jets and floats and clean as much as I could. Best way for me is remove one float. Clean the body good. Then remove one jet. Clean it and reinstall it. Then the next jet.Then the last jet. Put the float back with the "cleaned needle valve. Do the same to the next carb. No chance of mixing up parts that way.
i have never worked on carbs before not intimidated by it just do not know what any of the componets are dont know how tight to make them, will i need to reset the floats? if s,o do not have a clue how to do it. this is my dilemma

As long as you don't push the floats against the needles the adjustment will be unchanged. The pin the floats hinge on is supposed to just slide out. If they don't . Don't try to force them. The jets are those brass screws with the holes in them. Just a bit over snug is tight enough. Use a screwdriver that fits the slot tightly.

You will find tutorials here and elsewhere to take all that mystery out of setting the float heights. Yes you will need to set them correctly :good:

Ok got one carb tore down and soaking in 50/50 solution

Attachments

• SANY0746.JPG
    SANY0746.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 139
  • SANY0747.JPG
    SANY0747.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 140
was it okay to soak that little screen in solution? also what kind of stuff do i need gaskets o-rings seals? after soak do i need to clean the jets to make them shiny again

They don't have to be shiny just clean and clear. Yes the screen will be okay. As long as the gaskets and O rings are undamaged they should be fine to reuse.

I'd let them soak for a day then brush the parts with a stiff brush. Let soak more as needed.
I've seen the results of ultrasonic cleaning.
May want to go for that if they're not cleaning up but like slab said, they don't need to be shiny. Just get the crud out.

Alright another question.
1 cleaned the float and jets all holes are clear and blown out with air after soaking. but my question is this how do i clean the holes i have marked in yellow do i need to disassemble even further if so what? do i blow them out the way they are or will that shove dirt deeper in carb? Or do i blow them out through another orifice?

Attachments

• SANY0746.JPG
    SANY0746.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 113
Through those holes I use carb spray with the extension tube and watch inside the body for the spray to exit one of the holes. Wear safety glasses and no smoking. Solvent in the eyes is no fun at all.

I don't know the 1200 carbs but aren't there jets down in those holes that unscrew and come out for cleaning like most other carbs?
When I have the jets out I use carb cleaner spray and compressed air. Spray through it looking for where it exits.

Well, i just wanted to to tell all members who chimed in on this post Thank You. Cleaning the carbs worked very well and the bike runs really good. now on with the project.