Funky clutch on the Green Ween...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AApple

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 Innerstate("The Turd")SOLD!!, 1996 GL1500 Innerstate
I've started back in riding since the weather has cooled down from the scorching heat we've had this summer. Having an issue with the clutch now. Lever felt a lil spongy by the time I got to the shop Monday, and upon checking the fluid, the master was basically DRY. NO external leakage anywhere. I filled the master and rode on home that evening, no problem. Tied the lever down overnight, and Tuesday it was fine until I got stuck in traffic. A couple of times the bike wanted to lurch forward with the clutch pulled in. Another pull on the lever and had full clutch again. So I figured I better go ahead and get the stuff to rebuild the master AND slave cylinders before something nasty happens. Ordered a combo kit that has the seals, and new pistons for both master and slave from a place on ebay. Stuff should be here either Fri or Sat. Hopefully I can get both done this weekend. Service manual shows the slave to be fairly easy to get to. Just hope neither of the cylinders are too bad/corroded to be reused. Wishes me luckies!! 🙂

Latest posts