Gas price, OUCH! ("Gas" thread merged with this one)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I`m seriously considering a veggie oil conversion on my diesel..I did not want the hassle of storage tanks and refinement of dirty oils but it is looking more and more like a better alternative. No B99-100 to be found around these parts, I think Pacific Palisades is the closest.

Typical every thing seems more economical now than when we had our trip in August :(

$3.08 for reg here yesterday....nuthin I got runs on reg, tho... :crying:

Fuel is at its highest down here, so who knows how they figure out the pump prices. I am beginning to think they set the price at as much as we can bear and normally go up 20 cents a litre and then only ever come down 10 cents a litre :crying:

Gas here is $3.23, but propane is $5 gallon I sold my house which was heated with fuel and moved to smaller place which is propane. In November propane was $2 gallon. I just ain't got no luck!!

sheesh well on the other side of this is me I get all my heat from wood ... this has been a wild heating season ....my water is froze right now ....it several degrees below zero now yesterday high was 18 ...I ran low on wood to where I had to scramble to get more ....and split wood in the most worst nonsweating situation ...finally feel out a few days ago ... and recuperating now ... so it rough no matter how you go about it ....gas price SHEESH I cant even begin to think about it at the moment I just want to stay home warm ...under the house for water soon :rant: :rant: :rant: :cheeky:

Not so much of an 'ouch' anymore with price coming down.

$3.25 yesterday.
Using our Ralphs reward card I got $3.05 a gallon.

We get so ripped here in Cali.
My brother in AZ is seeing $2.95.

A lot of things factor in on prices at the pump (greed, delivery costs, hurricanes, supply, demand, etc.) State taxes explain a big part of the variance, state to state.

Highest State Gasoline Tax Rates (cents per gallon)

1. California - 52.47 cents
2. New York - 49.57 cents
3. Connecticut - 49.30 cents
4. Hawaii - 49.11 cents
5. Pennsylvania - 41.80 cents
11. Florida - 36.03 cents

Lowest State Gasoline Tax Rates (cents per gallon)

50. Alaska - 12.40 cents
49. New Jersey - 14.50 cents
48. South Carolina - 16.75 cents
47. Oklahoma - 17 cents
46. Virginia - 17.28 cents

SOURCE: TAX FOUNDATION

Latest posts