Gas price, OUCH! ("Gas" thread merged with this one)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=134558#p134558:3cesx8mj said:
roncar » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:32 am[/url]":3cesx8mj]
A lot of things factor in on prices at the pump (greed, delivery costs, hurricanes, supply, demand, etc.) State taxes explain a big part of the variance, state to state.

Highest State Gasoline Tax Rates (cents per gallon)

1. California - 52.47 cents
2. New York - 49.57 cents
3. Connecticut - 49.30 cents
4. Hawaii - 49.11 cents
5. Pennsylvania - 41.80 cents
11. Florida - 36.03 cents

Lowest State Gasoline Tax Rates (cents per gallon)

50. Alaska - 12.40 cents
49. New Jersey - 14.50 cents
48. South Carolina - 16.75 cents
47. Oklahoma - 17 cents
46. Virginia - 17.28 cents

SOURCE: TAX FOUNDATION
Yep, like I said, we get ripped here.

Lowest State Gasoline Tax Rates (cents per gallon)

49. New Jersey - 14.50 cents

We might have low gas taxes around here, but we are clobbered with real estate taxes that more than make up for any savings on gasoline taxes! (Average taxes in my town house development is $6,900 a year!)

Many of the neighborhoods built during the "real estate boom" from the 1990's through 2008 are paying taxes on average $10,000 per year for single homes. At 14.50 cents per gallon, that would have been 68,965 gallons of gas per year needed to equal the RE tax. :shock:

Gas price is much less an OUCH now.

Yesterday regular at $3.07, so $2.87 per gallon using Ralphs reward card! Nice.

The station I use stops our card at $75, this time it was full at $72. The lever clicking off full hasn't happened for a very long time.

$2.85 for PREMIUM here! Only card needed is a credit/debit card!
Only $50 to fill the werk Cad this week, instead of $70! :yahoo:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=135475#p135475:1wo6zll2 said:
joedrum » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:41 am[/url]":1wo6zll2]
sheesh lol
Hmm, which version of 'sheesh' is this one lol.

well i dont use plastic magic myself but .... but this is the first time ive heard of the plastic magic stopping the the pump... lol i know caveman ...not in the game ... :smilie_happy:

A lot of places will automaticallystop the pumps like that at a certain dollar amount. I was told by one feller the reason was that the fees associated with a large transaction can be quite high, and....if there is any fraud involved(stolen card, etc), it limits their losses.

Lots of money can be saved with the so called 'plastic magic'.
My wife commonly saves over $60 on groceries and points are added to the card for gas savings.
It's a 'game' well worth playing.

You guys are killing me, we are still paying the same prices here as last year when I was paying $4.20 a gal in SoC :(

I would love to see $1 a litre and I would be happy :yes: When Aussiegold was filling up the Cadillac he gave the attendant $80 so he could fill it. He doesn't know who was more shocked the attendant for giving him $80 or himself for only putting $32 in to fill it up. The Subarus and most 4 cyl cars cost us $70- $80 to fill :(

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=135522#p135522:d59px2tc said:
Ansimp » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:33 pm[/url]":d59px2tc]
I would love to see $1 a litre and I would be happy :yes: When Aussiegold was filling up the Cadillac he gave the attendant $80 so he could fill it. He doesn't know who was more shocked the attendant for giving him $80 or himself for only putting $32 in to fill it up. The Subarus and most 4 cyl cars cost us $70- $80 to fill :(
ha ha , yes... and that was after i stood there ( at the pump ) like a massive tool, holding the filler hose and waiting for the pump to turn on. i was unaware that you have to prepay
for fuel. he looked at me real weird , that fella. :roll:
ps
petrol here is around 1: 45 a litre. the 95 stuff i put in the bike is usually 8 to 10 cents a litre dearer. when the wing goes on to reserve it will be over $20 to fill.

Nice having a full tank in the car , probably hasn't been full in years...3/4 maybe, I am sure there is a dark area inside the tank where the fuel has never been. I dont expect it will last.3.25 for diesel is very nice.

Latest posts