Good Bye

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wedoo2

Reaction score
I sold the Gold Witch today. First time in memory that I have not had a motorcycle. I'm buying this, an 84 Corvette.

IMG-0824.jpg

Long time dream to own a Corvette and it is finally happening. I'd love to say I have had a blast on the Wing, but it has been so much trouble that I think it was possessed. At least for me being the owner. Put over $3000 in it over the 4-5 years I had it and haven't rode the bike since last July due to problems. In all; maybe 5000 miles all told. Now, someone else's problem.

I want to thank everyone here for all the priceless help I've had.
Being a part of the forum was the best part of owning the Gold Wing and I'm sure that it will go on being great. Now I'm going to follow the Vette crowd to help me with the knucklehead shit I'll do to the car.

Anyways, thanks for everything and good luck. Keep safe.

Last picture before it left the garage.

IMG-0856.jpg

Good luck with the Vette. The new Goldwitch owner will probably go on to have the most reliable bike ever after all your hard work. :salute:

You:
Goldwing to Corvette

Me:
Goldwing to Corvair

I'm sticking with this wonderful forum...I've made several good friends, and have received plenty of great ideas and advice, which I hope to continue sharing here. I hope you'll consider doing the same. :yes:

Enjoy that Vette, and best of luck with it! We'd love to see your new project in progress... :popcorn:

Dang I’d love to have a vette also...good luck with it ...we almost met one time we close at one time ...at this. Moment I’m in southern Ga. with my girlfriend hanging out ....yah if I were you I’d just keep hanging out here like Steve83 ...

if you leave you're going to miss out on my ride reports :(
I've stayed at CGW even though I didn't owne an 1100 wing way back in the day then I bought the 1500 wing and still hung around and onto the Mighty ST 1300 adventures and now I have a bike that isn't even a honda and i'm still here, this is still one of my favorite forums to visit

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=208794#p208794:2z6ccjo4 said:
detdrbuzzard » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:21 am[/url]":2z6ccjo4]
I've stayed at CGW even though I didn't owne an 1100 wing way back in the day then I bought the 1500 wing and still hung around and onto the Mighty ST 1300 adventures and now I have a bike that isn't even a honda and i'm still here, this is still one of my favorite forums to visit
:good:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=208794#p208794:yg7mlz47 said:
detdrbuzzard » Yesterday, 8:21 pm[/url]":yg7mlz47]

Yeah, this is a good one. I'm going to keep a video progress thing on You Tube and I'll share that as I go. Did one installment and maybe another one after today. Going to have the car towed from it's barn to my place. My wife is pitching a major bitch about this for some reason and she is normally very even tempered. Makes getting the car a little less fun but I hope she will come around. Or else I'll be trying to find a girlfriend to sit around with in Georgia.

Great looking project. Would like to have a car for a project as well, like the '69 Mopars and '65 Plymouth Fury. Would need the whole garage if so, but this is not going to happen. Stick around. Cheers

I'd love to get my hands on the old Dodge Dart or Ford Pinto wagon. Funny how it is, when my Dad had one each of these, us kids were like.."how could you Dad, that car's for poor people!?' Now they sell for crazy $ restored.

:headscratch: So...you think an '84 Corvette will be less of a headache than the Wing? :hihihi: (just havin some fun :good: )

Realize first off, a LOT of stuff on that year is one year only, so be prepared for issues with parts, and finding qualified techs to work on it. You will have fun tho, no doubt, and I would never discourage a Corvette purchase....I have two of them. :good:

garage3.jpg

Check out our '84-'96 forum at C4Vetteregistry, as well as our C4VetteRegistry facebook page. The forum is mostly slow these days, as everyone has gone the facebook route, BUT....the forum has a searchable database you can dig into to look for specific issues/fixes, if needed. :BigGrin:

Sorry to see the Wing go, but ya gotta do whut ya gotta do. :salute:

Congratulations on the new sickness, Jack! ;-) A buddy of mine who went from Harleys to Corvettes told me the "Difference between a porcupine and a Corvette" many years ago... and another guy told me (back when I had lots of Jeeps) "Yeah, a guy's gotta have TWO... one to take a $#it on, the other to cover it up... :mrgreen:

And this morning, I saw a guy who noted that his first Allis-Chalmers WC came to him with three flat tires and a stuck engine... I noted to him that the 1937 Allis WC was the FIRST tractor to come standard from the FACTORY with flats :smilie_happy:

2x on the above note about one-year parts... I BELIEVE your Vette is the one that has the goofy amplified stereo speaker assemblies that go bad. A co-worker guy brought me several to repair... it was a good-idea/bad-idea design.

Latest posts