Harbor Freight Tag-Along trailer

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I'm going to be traveling, along with the SpeedMetal HID head light, I added these -REALLY bright and a small current draw....a win-win situation!
DSCF7959.JPG

I fabricated brackets to mount them under the fairing (along with the WOLO Bad Boy horn).

DSC_0002-007.JPG

DSC_0001-010.JPG

Dan- Not HF; from Pep Boys. I fabricated mounts from bar stock that utilized the existing fairing mounting bolts. I made a bracket for the WOLO horn to mount it there as well.
I added the included lighted rocker switch for the fog lights on the dash.
Thanks to you, I added the SpeedMetal HID head light - gettin' kinda crowded inside the fairing!

You can also see the braided S/S brake lines I put on during this winter's tear down...

Next I think I want to add a small digital clock and a mount for the Garmin.

yeah , both my Goldwings Charge good... and I want to keep them that way . I'm changing all the Bulbs on the 1983 I bought this fall to LED's ........ this winter. for next year . :music:

wilcoy- I'll hafta take one.... I got one of those kits that replace the fairing and saddlebag reflectors with LED lights. It was a pain in the but to wire them all in, but SO worth it for the increased SIDE visibility. And, being LED, almost no current draw.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=100608#p100608:1c9yctil said:
KYWinger » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:27 pm[/url]":1c9yctil]
sledge-
IIRC, there were only about $40 at Pep Boys - since they are LED, the current draw is minimal. AND they help me be seen by the cagers....

John,

Were those on at Joe's?

OK Gerry:
DSC_0001.JPG

1) This shows how I moved the license plate mount. Originally, it was attached to the left brake light and I didn't like that. I disassembled the unit and mad a new bracket to attach to the middle of the trailer.
2) While I was at it, I added license plate LED lights (the two mounting bolts).
3) I made mud flaps from a truck mud flap.
4) I added reflective tape strips to help catch the cagers eye...

DSC_0003.JPG

5) This show the bracket I made to mount the spare tire out of the way.
You can see the license plate LED's a little better in this pic.

DSC_0004.JPG

This shows the:
6) lengthened tongue (24") it made the trailer track MUCH better!
7) bracket to hold safety chains
8) Trailer stand.

DSC_0005.JPG

This shows the completed trailer - the cooler is missing because it's off getting a cover made that matches the seat material...
DSC_0007.JPG

This shows the:
9) foam insulation I put around the entire opening; I've been thru some torrential rain with never a leak.
10) Carpet was cut and molded to fit the interior, then held in place with double sided tape. It keep things from rattling and helps to keep things from breaking (so far)

BTW; I've just found this site - MotoCampers.com which has a WEALTH of info on camping - both with a trailer and without...check it out.

I hope this answers all your questions!

Latest posts