Head Gasket Replacement - What else while your in there

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=112256#p112256:35j1yfad said:
dan filipi » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:09 am[/url]":35j1yfad]
To add, do the cranking with starter and plugs removed.

? why is that?

Ill crank them by hand for a few turns without the plugs but why with the starter removed..that thing is going to be a real pain in the ass to remove etc.

hes just saying after everything is good spin it with starter to pump up lash adjusters on head ...with apark plugs out it will spin easy and not hard on starter ... have kill switch off too

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=112260#p112260:b3y23qoz said:
joedrum » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:07 am[/url]":b3y23qoz]
hes just saying after everything is good spin it with starter to pump up lash adjusters on head ...with apark plugs out it will spin easy and not hard on starter ... have kill switch off too
Exactly.

hahaha oh...

misunderstood that one!!

Use the starter switch, with the cut off/safety switch thing on the bars off, so spin the motor.

boy its been a long day here

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=112264#p112264:1e33edkc said:
importcustomx » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:59 pm[/url]":1e33edkc]
hahaha oh...

misunderstood that one!!

Use the starter switch, with the cut off/safety switch thing on the bars off, so spin the motor.

boy its been a long day here
:smilie_happy: Atta boy! Now ya gots it! :hihihi:

This weekend she will be back together...just got in my gates t070 timing belts

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1394738205390.jpg[/attachment]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394738205390.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394738205390.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 162
[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1395452011644.jpg[/attachment]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1395452011644.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1395452011644.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 144
Question,

I set the bike to TDC when i took her apart, the lil window still reads properly and nothing shifted.

When i put everything back together, the Cams keyways should be facing 12'oclock when i put everything back together... in my head this makes sense but i just dont want to screw it up.

Waiting for a buddy to come over and check, never did the hyrdaulic valve system before so i am being so over cautious... :sensored:

If thats the case, i putting her back together tonight and firing her up.

thanks!

i actually marked everything with a paint marker, so if i line up my markings then i should be all set, but i just needed to make sure. but i will make sure i have the proper dimples aligned as well.

gonna get some oil and rad fluid on the way home and hopefully get her fired up!

take plugs out ... and never try to test with starter ...or just crank on it to run ... always turn by hand ...from crank bolt on front many times to be absolutely sure you are not hitting anything .. plugs are out so you can feel everything ...you don't want to mess this up

:music: perfect.

Just needed to make sure that my overthinking was correct. You ever look at something too long then all of sudden your scratching head ... what the :sensored: :sensored: :sensored: is this now...

thats kind of what i have been doing. So much cleaning, prepping, parts being replaced etc..its like "okay really?".

Needed a little assurance i wasnt going to kill it.

Good idea on the plugs being out, with my new found compression i want to make sure its slow and smooth on the rotations and i feel things.

hopefully i will have some more pictures and video of her running in the next day or 2.

then its time to sync the carbs, hooray

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=113588#p113588:yu5m0yzx said:
importcustomx » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:10 am[/url]":yu5m0yzx]
:music: perfect.

Just needed to make sure that my overthinking was correct. You ever look at something too long then all of sudden your scratching head ... what the :sensored: :sensored: :sensored: is this now...

thats kind of what i have been doing. So much cleaning, prepping, parts being replaced etc..its like "okay really?".

Needed a little assurance i wasnt going to kill it.

Good idea on the plugs being out, with my new found compression i want to make sure its slow and smooth on the rotations and i feel things.

hopefully i will have some more pictures and video of her running in the next day or 2.

then its time to sync the carbs, hooray

I know exactly what you mean!
I catch myself doing that and go "wait, why not just do that knucklehead!"

Need to get upper radiator hose...it's leaking ...

Anyone have a site to new hoses?

Post it up please.

Or which hose to use off amazon...that would be ideal.

Thanks! Ordered!

This was Friday nights fun fun[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1396835353344.jpg[/attachment]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396835353344.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396835353344.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 98
Also took like 5 min of 4 unwind before the valves lifters etc stopped being noisy... had me scared for like 10 min because of how loud it was... it is good now.. she purrs like a kitten. Just gotta sync the olé carbs and she'll be good

Latest posts