Hit a Deer

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverbullet

Reaction score
Been a while here........fathers day coming back from our dinner a deer was laying in the tall gass alongside the road. Heard out bikes coming.......got up & ran right into me. Got an ambulance ride....spent 3 days in intensive care & a week total in the Hospital. 6 broken ribs, collarbone, shoulder, clavical & had a puncured lung. Guess you could say I'm lucky to be alive.
Totaled out my beautiful 650 Suzuki Burgman.
I'm not going to replace my Burgman right away if @ all since I'll need to use some of the cash to live off of until I get back to work. Plus house needs a roof & the Elio purchase I plan on next year.

Still have the Helix & the 78 Wing anyway. Still a tough loss for the fleet. The 78 is getting a badly needed new exhaust system I found off fleabay.

Been riding the Helix around town for errands & today was the first time back on the wing. Took it for about a 30 mile ride with no more pain than usual. I also took off the Bates bags & installed a stock set of shocks as pain allowed. Gonna refinish the bags & hopefully get to the newer fairing need to repaint so I can mount my lowers.

Been down before, never this bad. & @ age 60 it gets ya wondering if this is something you want to keep doing. But its what we do. fall off & get back on. My wife was behind me on her bike & witnessed the whole thing. She han't been back on her bike. She told me I could have her bike back......I said no way because I would have to sell it to get another 650 Burgman so you could ride on the back & since you don't like riding on the back of a bike.......Might be a good idea to get over it & hop back on. :fiddle:

I'll try to be more active again....

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Lou, so glad your making a good recovery. Like you said, it's what we do. You have a great attitude which is inspiring. Keep on keeping on.

A speedy and full recovery. Nature is great until it runs into you! I hope that your wife can get back out there, sometimes the what if is harder to deal with than the actual. :yes:

Dang DEER!! :rant:
Sure glad you are recovering nicely...it takes a little longer to do when we get to our age...
Hope you continue to improve, and can get back to the wind in your face comfortably without it hurting! :good: