Mileage-whos wing has the most miles?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have more than 100,000 miles riding experience . I did not start to ride until I was 27 . Was I too old to start ?? the Gold Wing is The King of Motorcycles !!!! Ride......Ride.........Ride....... :Egyptian: :salute: :music2:

When I first bought my 78 I was the second owner & it had 20.000 miles on it. When I sold it, it had 120.000 miles on it. A 110.000 miles I put a 76 engine in it with 20.000 miles on it. Sold it to a fellow who only had it a couple months & he sold it to the fellow I bought it back from. So now I'm the second & fifth owner of this bike. It now has 134.000 miles on the bike. Prolly 44.000 on the engine.

The fellow who is part owner of the independant shop I do business with boutht a 75 Wing brand new. He still has the bike & has over 700.000 on it. I don't know how many engines he's been through. I'll have to ask him. I do know that its been his experience that its cheaper to find used engines than rebuild them.

silverbullet":24e531wx said:
The fellow who is part owner of the independant shop I do business with boutht a 75 Wing brand new. He still has the bike & has over 700.000 on it.

I think we have a winner!
:salute: :clapping: :music2: :party: :party:

My wing has 125K on the clock. It had a bunch of work done to it at 121K, timing belts, head gaskets, valve seals, cooling system, etc. I hope to put at least another 125K on it, then I might let her start resting a little!

Mark

Sorry, this is a temporary hijack of this thread........

Badmod, you have an '84.

Wonder if you could do me a favor and take a good picture of your rear master cylinder.
I'm thinking of retrofitting one on my '83 and I think the 84 model has just one brake line.

dan filipi":189po95a said:
Sorry, this is a temporary hijack of this thread........

Badmod, you have an '84.

Wonder if you could do me a favor and take a good picture of your rear master cylinder.
I'm thinking of retrofitting one on my '83 and I think the 84 model has just one brake line.
Hijack.......hijack......is nothing sacred around here!!!! :whip: :rtfm: :headscratch: :hihihi: :doh: :ahem: :yahoo: :yes:

My first wing had 199k miles on her but 24 owners. Got it for a song but engine blew up after cambelts snapped within 2 thousand miles of ownership - never trust people who say that the bike has full service and new belts , always check and change yourself.
Present bike has 34k on her - bought with 6k and one previous owner 5 years ago. In process of fitting new belts. Engine out because I am changing the clutch plates because of a nasty judder and snatch generated by one warped clutch plate. Should have put in a new basket load when I had it out a few miles ago when I converted to hydraulic clutch operation. Apart from that no worries with motor.

whats the highest mileage so far? I know I'm not close at 140K = 86M a buddy of mine had 300k on his - too bad we don't have the extra digit on the odometer

Ticked up to this after the Florida vacation, we put over 1400 miles on her just in Florida. The '83 aspy has the extra digit!

Attachments

• IMAG0220.jpg
    IMAG0220.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 121
there is a guy around here that has an old BMW with 800 K = (that's 497 thousand miles if you live in USA Liberia Burma or Myanmar)
Its pretty cool he has a picture of the odometer turning over at every hundred thousand K's.

He should be crowned king of "Iron Ass Rally's" I never met him but a few buddies of mine have, he has been all over with the bike

I don't know if some of you are talking about Kilometers or Miles. I assume small k is x 1000 and large K is kilometers. Darn metric system or lack of U.S. commitent to it.

Latest posts