new doghouse under construction.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joedrum

Supporting Member
Reaction score
some pics of my doghouse for me and my stuff :mrgreen:

this is a picture of the trusses that i built for the doghouse, which is going to be thirty six feet by forty eight feet. :builder:

this was my old dog house, but i decided i needed a bigger one :mrgreen:

this is a picture of my jig table for building my trusses.
i hope to get the building done soon.
but unfortunatley my crew sucks.
that would be me.
i dont get alot done without having to hook up to the battery charger. :builder: :heat: :lazy:
and repeat :builder: :heat: :lazy:

im going to see if i can get a video to show trusses being put up 16 ft in the air with my one man crew and stuff to make it work. might trun out like that idiot who crushed his house dropping that tree :swoon: :fiddle: aah this is the time you got to have the most confidence.

i didnt :builder: to hard today because of rain off and on

Looking good , me and my wifes uncle (He's 77 years old ) built my Garage a couple years ago, but, it's only 30 X 20 , and i bought the Truss' ......we did it all by hand, no Truck to lift them in place .... thats a big job for one man.

today im going to pull up the two end trusses on the doghouse :builder:

the plan is to follow thr grade of the ground with the building instead of making it look like its drove into the ground like a stake :laptop:

this way i can maintain ceiling height :mrgreen:

the hidden purpose of this doghouse is to make it big tall and wide enough to enclose a greyhound bus with lots of room to spare so it can be worked on or be able to buid a boat of any size. its only a couple hundred yards to the 8000 acre lake we live on. :mrgreen:

my plan is to buy a greyhound bus bring it home and hide it the doghouse before my wife sees it. iknow this sounds funny but i sleep like a baby in those buses something about smooth vibes of the bus the sound of the big detroit diesil anyway id like to fix one up so me and my wife can run away some day :Doh2:

well im ready to have at it ,iwill take some pics when my daughter gets home to hold my stupid hand about picture posting

:party: pics and posting crew

i worked all day, and i got one truss up. but i went slow as i didn't want to lose anything and i needed to set it up right.

this is pic of truss, those two boards in the middle are 16ft long and max out. so im going to have to do some more to get as tall as i want i did do what you see by myself but some friends are going to help me tomarrow cause it just going to be to tough to get the extra 3ft i want

this is a pic of the block and tackle im using

metal staping im using

pic of the plywood i put on truss to stablize them from being wigglely. hoping for good day tomarrow

well ive got all the trussess up. days ago, but putting the pictures up on the forum is alot harder and i had to wait for my daughter to help me.
:party: picture posting crew :)

this is my wife and i with our dogs.

with one of the trees i cut down, i chained it to front end loader back hoe and used it as a sky hook for my block and tackle.
i used it to pull the trusses up.
i wanted to get a picture of it in action, but i was too busy to operate the camera and pull the truss up at the same time.

this is a picture of the brains behind the project.
im rewarding their supervision.

its not how much land you have its how far out you live where gov hands are so streched that regulation and control of your property is not cost effective to do . but things are changing and people like me will be wiped out just like some of those old towns you guys visited on yalls!! get together ride . so me im going to live whats left of this type of self determination life to the fullest . everthing you see in my post is not mine when i bought it i put everything in my kids name which i have five knowing that this place will live long after me, cause there is no way all my kids will agree to sell . to much rivaly between them for that to happen. so i get great enjoyment out of taking this to the limit of self determination of life that used to be the fondation of america life thats been taken away from the people of today. this is what the lord in my heart has guilded me to do dan . so i spend everything i have body and soul to this cause and get great enjoyment from it even though i do without a lot of todays so called upgrades of modern life. MOST PEOPLE JUST THINK IM NUTS EVEN MY KIDS BUT THATS WHAT THEY THOUGHT ABOUT NOAH

looks like its going to be nice day, suns coming up and im going out to enjoy myself on the end of a sledg hammer

So,You are living "off the grid" by putting youre kids on it?
Who pays the property tax?

No offense met,I envy you and admire your cause,gov is way to into my life now,and things got worse today.But I worry more everyday about the legacy we are leaving are kids.

no offense taken Tory, this land and what i do here is my inheritance to my kids not life insureance,401ks,iras,stocks,retirements,money in the bank or some house that comes with no rites except the rite to pay for it

i dont live totaly off the grid but im getting there. i do pay for all the taxes there hoops to jump through even at this level and my kids know exactly how i am cause i fill the airwaves up about things and they weigh that with things they learn at school i try not to shelter things to my kids i want them to see and know things for themselves

im gone a lot and work real hard at what do and when im home i pour my effort into my inheritance to my kids and they know it so my legegy to my kids is broad and can be felt, lived in, seen and known to be more theres than mine.

im not violent about what i beleeve im exactly the opposite all my works and thoughts are after jesus my king

after reading my post of thoughts and misspelled words it sounds defensive and i didnt mean to tory. in your avitar the scenery looks enjoyable and i hope the gov intrusion thats coming on you gets done away with in your favor.

its another pretty day in southern indiana and im going to find my sledge hammer and enjoy myself