New guy from Arkansas

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bills96TA

Reaction score
Hello erbody, I have been riding motorcycles since I was a youngster (way before cars and my main rural school transportation). I got out of bikes for a few years and moved to atvs but now I am back. I first bought a 2015 VStar 1300 and just couldn't get the bike to fit me. I also ride bicycles (my main passion honestly) and while riding with a good friend mentioned I was thinking about getting a Goldwing. It turned out he had one he never rode that he inherited from his father sitting in storage. This was a 1985 Aspencade with 26000 miles, we worked out a deal and I picked it up from him. Bike had been sitting since 2015 but he had gone thru the bike when he got it, just never rode it as he had a newer Harley. I have been going thru the bike, completely serviced and put new tires on it (they had plenty of tread but were from 2003).

I really like the bike but want to make it fit me better as I am a 50yo 6'5 200lb guy with a 36" inseam. It's most comfortable when I sit on the front edge of the passenger section. Any recommendations or help would be appreciated.
20230601_165336.jpg

gl1200 seats sukk. i altered mine more than 10 times before buying a custom built seat. its better, but still not good. im 6'1 nd 210.

This actually has a custom seat and I bet his dad loved it but it was designed for someone smaller than me unfortunately.

Go check out your neighbor Tom Simmons in Fayetteville he owns TS custom seats and is on facebook as well. I've had him build 4 seats for me over the years, love every one of them.

Welcome to The Forum and enjoy!

I'll point out the obvious, just to make sure....have you adjusted the seat to the most rear position? If so then custom seat is the answer.

Thanks for the info, and yes I have adjusted rearward, been eyeballing if I could notch it more lol.

Hello erbody, I have been riding motorcycles since I was a youngster (way before cars and my main rural school transportation). I got out of bikes for a few years and moved to atvs but now I am back. I first bought a 2015 VStar 1300 and just couldn't get the bike to fit me. I also ride bicycles (my main passion honestly) and while riding with a good friend mentioned I was thinking about getting a Goldwing. It turned out he had one he never rode that he inherited from his father sitting in storage. This was a 1985 Aspencade with 26000 miles, we worked out a deal and I picked it up from him. Bike had been sitting since 2015 but he had gone thru the bike when he got it, just never rode it as he had a newer Harley. I have been going thru the bike, completely serviced and put new tires on it (they had plenty of tread but were from 2003).

I really like the bike but want to make it fit me better as I am a 50yo 6'5 200lb guy with a 36" inseam. It's most comfortable when I sit on the front edge of the passenger section. Any recommendations or help would be appreciated. View attachment 49540
Welcome. I’m in Springdale.

I really like the bike but want to make it fit me better as I am a 50yo 6'5 200lb guy with a 36" inseam. It's most comfortable when I sit on the front edge of the passenger section. Any recommendations or help would be appreciated. View attachment 49540
Welcome and nice bike..

Thanks for the info, and yes I have adjusted rearward, been eyeballing if I could notch it more lol.
you can, but it wont hel[p. the seat i finally bought actually builds the seat further back on the base. i moved the tour pack back so my chick could have room. made a huge difference for her, and my knutzes dont hurt anymore.

Latest posts