New Member graduated from PC-800 to 1981 GL1100

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danman

Reaction score
Hello from Bakersfield CA. Long time fan and finally a proud owner of a 1981 GL-1100 Interstate. I have had several bikes through the years and always felt that I was missing out on the comfort of a Wing. I will admit I purchased my Wing because of the cosmetic condition and should have kicked the tires a little harder. With that being said.....I hope to have it running as good as it looks soon. My wife and I can't wait to throw a leg over and take a road trip.

Attachments

• IMG_20200427_193411917.jpg
    IMG_20200427_193411917.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_20200427_193411917.jpg
    IMG_20200427_193411917.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 148
I have the same bike, same color. Bought it in the fall of '89. I told myself it would be the last bike I would ever need and haven't been given a reason to change my mind. Your gonna love it. Welcome and Good luck. :hi:

Welcome to the site from New Jersey! :clapping:

Nice bike! If you need any help getting her up and running, please do not hesitate to ask!

It looks great, Dan!

The PC800 is somewhat of a fascinating enigma in Honda's history... totally encased in plastic... I remember when it first hit the magazines. Someday I'd like to take one for a spin, just to see what it 'feels' like, but afterputting over a quarter-million miles on my CX500, and riding probably half-a-hundred other models and marques, forking out cash and stepping into the seat of a GL1200 on a leap-of-faith, was not a bad decision... I'm certain you'll love your new beauty! ;-)

Welcome from the Appalachians! I have had 2 different Honda PlasticCow-800s, one white, one red(ish). Body by Tupperware, lol! They came with only one fully dampened rear shock, and did better when you swap the "spring-only" side with another "oleo" shock. Sold them both for profit, too much looking like a vespa, and too PC looking, which is funny that it is also the model name, lol!
I love your 81 Wing, and the paint is the perfect match for the 82 Silverwing as well! Be sure to get njew front fork springs and possibly new rear shocks. (I rebuilt the factory air shocks on my 81 Gl1100) New Progressive front fork springs will do wonders for the handling and stability of this beastie!