New Member, Old Rider

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTC@MSAC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
64-CA95, 67-CA160, 67-CA77, 82-CM250C, 82-CB450SC, 82-GL500i, 81-GL1100, 82-GL1100i, & Assorted Others
Good Morning! 1:25 AM here in Christiansburg, VA. Just joined in to see what's what, and say Hello!
I don't ride as much due to owning and operating my auto repair shop 5-6 days a week.
Started riding at age 4 as a passenger on my uncle's 1967 305 Dream, which I still own and ride.
Have been through over 100 M-Cycles, but I keep as many Hondas hanging around as possible.
I never bought a bike new, and wrenched on every one, even if only for basic service.
I've built and restored many, but always find new problems and solutions along the way.
Bikes are my life and my hobby, but not my living, so to speak.
My auto repair business is my livelihood for paying bills and keeping a roof over my head.
Model trains are my other obsession, and skills in that venue have always been helpful in the rest.
I have decades of older Honda experience but limit my project to about 1986 model years at the newest.
I am willing to share what I have experienced with no guarantees that my advice is always correct for your needs.
The older I get, in fact, I only learn how much more I don't really know yet, lol!
That's the joy of my hobbies, as opposed to auto-repair-for-income, and at 54, I hope my hobbies can take priority
again before too long.
Thanks for opportunity to share!
Graves

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=210344#p210344:265f4xlu said:
PurpleGL1200I » 48 minutes ago[/url]":265f4xlu]
Welcome from South-Central Illinois. Hope it quits raining soon.

Amen! We've been deluged every day this week but today. Forcast for our weekend is promising, though, promising more rain :head bang:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=210421#p210421:uqzv4mfb said:
skiri251 » 24 Jun 2019, 10:57[/url]":uqzv4mfb]
Welcome.
I want to see photos of your vintage Honda collection!
All my bike photos are on a desktop and a laptop that are not operational right now, but I will make an album as soon as I get to it!

I had a 77 XS750-2D triple, and loved the kick of the reverse torque drive shaft! It was great until 2nd gear started slipping out. I had to sell it before I could get time to pull and fix it. But boy, did it ever haul freight! And with triple disc brakes, auto-cancelling signals, and Halogen headlight, it was a horse! I doubt if I ever even took a single photo of it. It was the Burgundy version with 3 into 2 exhaust.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=210430#p210430:302ivkrs said:
GTC@MSAC » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:47 pm[/url]":302ivkrs]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=210421#p210421:302ivkrs said:
skiri251 » 24 Jun 2019, 10:57[/url]":302ivkrs]
Welcome.
I want to see photos of your vintage Honda collection!
All my bike photos are on a desktop and a laptop that are not operational right now, but I will make an album as soon as I get to it!

I had a 77 XS750-2D triple, and loved the kick of the reverse torque drive shaft! It was great until 2nd gear started slipping out. I had to sell it before I could get time to pull and fix it. But boy, did it ever haul freight! And with triple disc brakes, auto-cancelling signals, and Halogen headlight, it was a horse! I doubt if I ever even took a single photo of it. It was the Burgundy version with 3 into 2 exhaust.

Looking forward to the album.

Yes, the 2nd gear problem is well-known.
Luckily mine appears to have factory fix applied. She is a very convenient in-town shopping bike. LOL
Not quite big enough for freeway long travel.
I upgraded front brake with 90's FZ600 floating disks and 2 pot calipers.

Latest posts