• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Plug Wires and Caps, Place your Order (It's a done deal, thanks jdegase!)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdegase

Supporting Member
Reaction score
anyone considering replacing plug wires soon?
I found what looks like a good resource for wire(bulk) and caps for plugs...
pretty good price if we went in together and bought enough for 10 bikes.
I'd be willing to buy the wire and cut it up.. and ship it out. if I had a few more guys that want a chunk.
I figuer it comes in 100' and each bike would need 8' to 10'

shipping and wire to my house is $46... if we got 10 bikes out of it.. thats under 5$ a bike for wire.
I figuer even if it cost $5 to ship it usps to you... $10 for 4 new plug wires would be a deal...
OR
for 4 new wires with new NGK caps $25 to your door...
thats a pretty nice deal I think.

bikebandit also has the NGK plug caps for around $4 each... plus shipping...

I'd be willing to do the wire for 10 bikes and send it out.. or if interest is good I'd even do wires and caps... for 10 people....

let me know if your interested...
or post comments....
guys be sure to let me know if theres a better wire out there.
add your name to the thread but dont post your address in open thread...
I have a paypal account and would prefer to use that for money transactions, but we could also work other payment out.

heres some info:
Code:
Black NGK Resistor plug cap, 102 degree elbow, long style - for 12mm or 10mm thread spark plugs with terminal stud. Rubber waterproof boot to seal out the elements. model# XD05F
https://www.bikebandit.com/product/16254

Code:
High-quality 7mm Hypalon-covered spark plug wire with 19-strand tinned copper core. 100’ roll
https://www.bikebandit.com/product/15105

BigAndrew":vpm2mbx1 said:
Count me in for wires plus caps, I'd even pay a little extra to have you cut the wires to length and attach the caps,

I found a site that are selling those caps for much cheaper, Their on sale for 2.39 each :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
https://www.parkeryamaha.com/ngksparkplugcapxd05f.aspx

looks cool..
but Bikebandit didnt add any more shipping to the wire order .. even when I added 40 caps...
parker wanted 15$ shipping on 4 caps... and bike bandit only ask 9$ so its even unless your buying the wire too...
then it seems to be way cheaper :D

and I planned on shipping these in the usps small box's $5 flat rate.

also.. I'd be happy to cut and fit all the caps.
but to keep my wife happy I'd like to get all the orders at the same time.. so she dont think I bought these for myself LOL.

UPDATE:
seems like parker yamaha has a pretty good deal on 10' of the same wire and ends plus shipping is 30$ to me...
the diffence is they are shipping fedex so thats the cost.

I'v been pretty frugal with parts, and usually pride myself on finding those good deals..
Thats not a bad price... but I'm still willing to do it for 25$ as long as we can get 10 on board...

jdegase":whupvidg said:
I figuer it comes in 100' and each bike would need 8' to 10'

:shock: Huh? :headscratch: Youse guys must have some reeeeeeeally big bikes to need 8-10 feet of plug wire! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :hihihi: Yeeesh...how long ARE the wires on an 1100?

Just messin wit ya... :good:

That certainly sounds like a good deal to me... :clapping:

this sounds good jim ...imight be in on this but im realy stretch trying to a project bike with no money to speak of.....this is the kind of stuff we need to do to help one another...... :good: :eek:k: :mrgreen:

You can count me in for sure... If some of you other guys havnt made up your mind just think of it this way 28 year old wires dont carry the electricity as well as new ones, Who knows, After changing your wires along with new spark plugs you might notice better throttle responce and better mpg... :yes:

Please count me in! I've never replaced either on my 83 so it's past due.
Thanks,
Jim

Well you hit on a popular repair that gets neglected jd!
I think it's safe to say you can order enough for 10 complete sets but maybe give it a day or 3, that could turn into many more.

ok guys!
the wire and caps are ordered...
I figuer if we dont get enough responces (wich I'm sure I we will) I sell the rest on ebay... or craigslist.
caught wife in a good mood ;) LOL
took her for a ride yesturday.. and pointed out the missing sounds :D
hopefully by mid week we'll have some wires!!!

oh ya...
I figuered I would do my wires, thats how I would decide how much extra to leave on the sets....
I'm thinking stock wires are 18" and I like to leave extra... always better to be a bit longer.
so maybe 2' wires will be plenty.
looks like everyone agrees on the wire and caps.
I like the NGK caps because you can remove the resistor AND they fit our stock waterproof boots.

jdegase":3u4jf50x said:
oh ya...
I figuered I would do my wires, thats how I would decide how much extra to leave on the sets....
I'm thinking stock wires are 18" and I like to leave extra... always better to be a bit longer.
so maybe 2' wires will be plenty.
looks like everyone agrees on the wire and caps.
I like the NGK caps because you can remove the resistor AND they fit our stock waterproof boots.

Thanks for doing this Jim!

One of my coils cracked a year or so ago, so I just replaced the things with an Accell Super Coil Kit 140403. Found it on ebay for $170 or so, shipping included. The wires look pretty on my bike:

Accel-Universal-Super-Coil-Kit.jpg

tumunga":2ejj73wc said:
One of my coils cracked a year or so ago, so I just replaced the things with an Accell Super Coil Kit 140403. Found it on ebay for $170 or so, shipping included. The wires look pretty on my bike:

Outta my price range for awhile but i would like to replace my coils at the same time i do the plugs and wires
Did anybody replace their coils for much cheaper?

BigAndrew":15b522jy said:
tumunga":15b522jy said:

Outta my price range for awhile but i would like to replace my coils at the same time i do the plugs and wires
Did anybody replace their coils for much cheaper?

I don't think you can replace the entire thing with new, cheaper parts. You can go used. I do know that the kit I bought is actually two 2-cylinder kits put together. The 2-cylinder kit 140403S, and it's about 1/2 price. You could buy one, then wait a bit, then buy the other...or sell about 4 pints of plasma. That's what my oldest boy does when he wants some quick cash (the stupid kid)

I like the wires that come with the kit. Besides the coils giving a hotter spark, the wires are 8.8mm. Nice and big. Plus, you get to build the wires yourself. It's fun.

I'll definitely consider that in the future around tax return time but for now ill just stick with new wires and plugs since that kit is outta my price range :fiddle:

Hey Eric, Did you notice better throttle responce and mpg after that upgrade?