• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Plug Wires and Caps, Place your Order (It's a done deal, thanks jdegase!)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steel screw would probably work- copper would be better. Try Lowes or Home Depot or whatever you've got out there on the left coast and look in the electrical dept for grounding wire- I'm talking about the stuff they use to ground your main fuse box in your house. It is solid copper and comes in large diameters you could probably buy enough to replace your resistors for a dollar or less.

just 2 sets left!

I have alot of extra wire. so if someone wants more I can make up some with a bit of lead time.
or I could just send you the wire, for .50 a foot + shipping.
will cut to length if you'd like.

Thanks guys. as you can see I needed these wires pretty bad. so this helped me just as much as it helped everyone else.

Jim,
got the wires and caps - they're great! Thanks again for putting this together and doing all the work.
Jim :clapping:

kah92340":2jah4ym9 said:
I just sent the Pay Pal.
Do the wires just pulled out of the coil? Do you need to pull the false tank to replace them or can you work around it?
Thanks Kim

pull the tank, and the airbox. the wires have a plastic "nut" that unscrews then theres a rubber compression fitting like and the wire pulls out of the coil.

Hi JIm,
Dan says my bike needs plug wires.... I have the 1984 Goldwing that had the heating problem.... runs like a champ now...
I do not have pay pal, would you accept a check?
Thanks,
susie
aka sidecarsusie

Thanks, it is nice to putt along with out the tea kettle perking... we have a long run coming Sunday to Fallbrook, it should really test the system... I thought we had changed the plug wires, but Dan says no...

sidecarsusie":y5lw2ypb said:
Hi JIm,
Dan says my bike needs plug wires.... I have the 1984 Goldwing that had the heating problem.... runs like a champ now...
I do not have pay pal, would you accept a check?
Thanks,
susie
aka sidecarsusie

Hiya Susie,
sure will accept a check I'll PM ya my address and we'll get those wires right out to ya.
:good:

Sounds alot easier to change then i thought :clapping: :clapping: Thats great, Maybe ill change them next weekend

Has anybody else changed theres yet? If so notice any difference?

BigAndrew":1up9m9ip said:

I didn't notice any difference right off but when I had the air filter box out I could here a clicking in the coil area so I pulled the coils out and found one coil is cracked.
I'm not sure if the clicking sound was from a spark jumping to ground but when I connect the coils while laying out loose above the carbs the clicking sound is much less and seems to run smoother.
I'm going to start it cold and see if there is a difference in the way it runs. Cold starts on this beast have always been FULL choke followed by a lot of spitting and sputtering.

dan filipi":2n8l0mzs said:
BigAndrew":2n8l0mzs said:

I didn't notice any difference right off but when I had the air filter box out I could here a clicking in the coil area so I pulled the coils out and found one coil is cracked.
I'm not sure if the clicking sound was from a spark jumping to ground but when I connect the coils while laying out loose above the carbs the clicking sound is much less and seems to run smoother.
I'm going to start it cold and see if there is a difference in the way it runs. Cold starts on this beast have always been FULL choke followed by a lot of spitting and sputtering.

The quiter clicking sounds like a good sign to me, Seems that the new wires are carring the spark better for your bike