Re: Weber jetting, links and references

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=116691#p116691:3nmbfvi2 said:
CRAFTMAN6001 » Fri May 02, 2014 2:25 pm[/url]":3nmbfvi2]
This is a lot to cover for sure.. Would it be safe to say there is a complete manifold to plenum Simple Design? Or a quick pic look, With all the Overhaulin' over here I missed some of this. I'm getting 33hwy 40 local stock. Dyna sure helped. Also would like to give a wave to West. Hello . Okay Fellas I'm listening .. :laptop:
Shovelkings grab bar runners to VW type 4 plenum is probably the simplest and easiest to replicate. Addition of the 2brl to 1brl adapter helps even the fuel charge available to each cylinder giving you more even burn at all plugs and smoother running. Pretty much all the designs are simple though.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=116691#p116691:3qd6f7f8 said:
CRAFTMAN6001 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:25 am[/url]":3qd6f7f8]
This is a lot to cover for sure.. Would it be safe to say there is a complete manifold to plenum Simple Design? Or a quick pic look, With all the Overhaulin' over here I missed some of this. I'm getting 33hwy 40 local stock. Dyna sure helped. Also would like to give a wave to West. Hello . Okay Fellas I'm listening .. :laptop:

Hey Craftsman,

Good to see you are proceeding with the single carb conversion you will love it.

I did a variation on Shovelkings grab bar using them but putting 1 inch pvc inside mixing some of dans 1 inch idea and the result is great. even running throughout rpm range and 30 mpg with hard riding style. Also used 2 to 1 adapter so I could point the carb the direction I wanted for fitment. After market air filter and can still use my glove box (with small hole for wingnut of air filter.
dave

I like the looks of the PVC manifold that was made for $20.00 for a complete PVC manifold, then a adapter was fitted it was a Like Polaris adapter but manufactured by another firm.

It does Not use the VW plenum,

But it does use a 1.050" id, 5-outlet center section that is all 1" ID.

It uses 1" sch 40 PVC throughout.

No welding, no twisting the oem manifold and rewelding them to point at outlet of VW manifold (like I did)

Instead simple hand tools, and PVC material that are very easy to work, makes it really compelling to build one.

Then ties into your OEM head mounted manifolds.

I would like to try one to see how it works, and for how long.

Being that is is all 1.050" ID and virtually no air volume on the center section like out VW plenum has, granted the VW plenum is quite small, charge speed would be extremely fast.

But!, I am Not sure if you would start to lose power in upper part of the power band, like top end.

I think with the Polaris style adapters you could mount a carb adapter to the Polaris adapter to mount the 32DFT.

Dang, I guess i have my papers, I would like to try it.

Just because it is so cheap.

I could build one then put a second one on my shelf, if you could get a few years out of one it may be worth it.

Who knows you may get a lot longer than that, if it were supported, to avoid normal flexing.

Latest posts