Seatery

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jdegase":3rx6ilha said:
got one comming from sickofus ...
I agree with eric.. I bought white with black tips..
cant wait!
May i suggest a skunks pilt.with white racing stripes.now that would be cool :smilie_happy:

jdegase":nf53c9kj said:
cant wait!
Jim, did you ever get yours?

I drove up to Strausstown PA today and went to the Sickofus Outlet store and picked up a great pelt! It is almost 2" thick! It took about 2 hours to get there and I was a tald sore on the way up. Popped that sheepskin pelt for the trip back and I agree with Tumunga, SHEEPSKIN IS THE WAY TO GO!!!!! :music3: :party:

I rode and didn't feel a thing! The color is white with a black tinge to the top hairs. I trimmed it down to fit when I got home. My girls do think we have a pimp bike now!! :smilie_happy:

I will be posting pictures soon.

mcgovern61":2m3xz6qm said:
jdegase":2m3xz6qm said:
cant wait!
Jim, did you ever get yours?

I drove up to Strausstown PA today and went to the Sickofus Outlet store and picked up a great pelt! It is almost 2" thick! It took about 2 hours to get there and I was a tald sore on the way up. Popped that sheepskin pelt for the trip back and I agree with Tumunga, SHEEPSKIN IS THE WAY TO GO!!!!! :music3: :party:

I rode and didn't feel a thing! The color is white with a black tinge to the top hairs. I trimmed it down to fit when I got home. My girls do think we have a pimp bike now!! :smilie_happy:

I will be posting pictures soon.

YUP.
got mine.. its very cool looking and feels great to ride on.
wife and I have had a couple rides on it now, and I can say it sure made the seat more comfy.
I made a couple straps to hold it on, but while your on it doesnt move around...
these are mostly for when sliding on and off the bike, and when your not on it and want to just leave the skin on the seat.
in my latest pictures you can see the sheepskin on the bike...
the black tipped white looks great I think.
congrats bro...
wish I would have known you were going I might have bought another just to have.
I see on there site it says they have a bargin bin next to the door.... is that true?

jdegase":3loiogxq said:
I see on there site it says they have a bargin bin next to the door.... is that true?
Yes they do! Mostly cuts, pieces and stuff. But there are prefitted seat pads in the bin. I found a great one that is perfect for the drivers portion of my seat (fitted, cut, sewn edges and attached leather straps to tie it on) but I wanted my whole seat covered plus the backrests. I trimmed the seat last night and will stitch up the backrest pads later.

Here it is! I have not had time to sew up the piece for the backrests yet.

Attachments

• Sheepskin.JPG
    Sheepskin.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 109
mcgovern61":21gc34h5 said:
Here it is! I have not had time to sew up the piece for the backrests yet.
Well, I put about 2800 miles on that sheepskin this past week and I would not have it any other way!! It really made a big difference. The other side to that is the Saddleman Road Sofa that I have is not really that comfortable beyond 100 miles. Too many pressure points for me. If given an option, I might consider a stock seat.

I dont know much about your seat,but I am loving my road sofa.After our trip down south with it,it has broken in nicely.The only griep I have is the gel inserts will heat up if left in the sun,and its like sitting on a heating pad.I now know to put my helmet ot coat over it.

I especially notice the improvement at the 100 mile mark.Where my stock seat had given up,and left me sitting on the pan,the sofa is still very suportive.I will get a little dis confort,but only to a point,and then it doesnt increase any futher.

The other benigit is the width.The road sofa is much much wider than the stock seat,and I notice a huge diferance in comfort there also.

The 1100s are known for there poor seat,they just dont add much support.

With the ROAD SOFA, and a good pair of UNDER ARMOR I dont even use my sheep skin anymore. :grin: It now has a new home on the wifes wheel chair. :roll:

Tory":2f9quj3h said:
I dont know much about your seat,but I am loving my road sofa.After our trip down south with it,it has broken in nicely.The only griep I have is the gel inserts will heat up if left in the sun,and its like sitting on a heating pad.I now know to put my helmet ot coat over it.

I especially notice the improvement at the 100 mile mark.Where my stock seat had given up,and left me sitting on the pan,the sofa is still very suportive.I will get a little dis confort,but only to a point,and then it doesnt increase any futher.

The other benigit is the width.The road sofa is much much wider than the stock seat,and I notice a huge diferance in comfort there also.

The 1100s are known for there poor seat,they just dont add much support.

With the ROAD SOFA, and a good pair of UNDER ARMOR I dont even use my sheep skin anymore. :grin: It now has a new home on the wifes wheel chair. :roll:
According to Saddleman, my seat is pretty old. It does not have the gel inserts, but it is wide. The front has a raised section that causes real discomfort. Maybe the newer seats are better.

Attachments

• Seat 2.JPG
    Seat 2.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 84
One of the things I didnt like with the stock seat was that I kept sliding forward on it.The raised front helps keep me in the saddle part.

I wonder if saddleman(or anybody else for that matter)used memory foam back then also.