Second CGW Midwest MEET August 3rd and 4th in French Lick Indiana!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
detdrbuzzard":3lo57dqm said:
i've never had a tent, you guys would have to help pick one out for me and anything else i would need. all i know is i want a two man tent so i have some room for gear
Are you thinking to buy one when you get to Joe's?

Road trip into town when you arrive!

dan filipi":1bykaezq said:
detdrbuzzard":1bykaezq said:
i've never had a tent, you guys would have to help pick one out for me and anything else i would need. all i know is i want a two man tent so i have some room for gear
Are you thinking to buy one when you get to Joe's?

Road trip into town when you arrive!
i'll have to see where all the CGW guy will be staying

This is looking up the driveway toward the cottage
image.php

This is a shot from the road of the grassy area in front of the house.
The shed left of the house is where we consume mass quantities of beer.
image.php

This is of the back yard between the cottage and the dog house.
image.php

A shot of the woods behind.
In August it will be full and green.
image.php

The pictures make the lot look level but the entire lot is on a 10-15 degree slope.

There's no shortage of space for tents and parking the bikes.

Good times ahead!

image.php

Also want to let everyone know that plans on coming to check the calendar rsvp's often HERE since guys are posting messages in there wanting to hook up along the way.
Check the Member Map for their location and send them a PM so you can ride out together!

And if you haven't updated your Map location so you are on our map, this is a good time to do so!
Go to THIS LINK for a tutorial how to do that.

I tink yer gunna need a bigger GRILL!!!
smileys-barbecue-119722.gif

I hear da 'possums grow pretty big up yonder..... :smilie_happy:

as stated the doghouse it big no ones getting wet ...there are places to stay around here ...even a free stste park camp area just a few miles away .....I wouldn't call this five star but better than most ...

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=81604#p81604:2az9pk2s said:
AApple » Mon May 20, 2013 9:49 am[/url]":2az9pk2s]I tink yer gunna need a bigger GRILL!!!
smileys-barbecue-119722.gif

I hear da 'possums grow pretty big up yonder..... :smilie_happy:
Yeah that itty bitty fire was suppose to be for making popcorn. Don't know if it ever got that far but we'll do better this time :popcorn:

I have not made my mind up of going to indianopolis to meet up with the group or to go downI-71 to get there.
Whichever way I go I will meet up with anyone at I-Hop on the east side of columbus.

Rat, I hate to hear you won't make it this year. At least some of us got to meet you last year. Enjoy your rides where ever they take you. :clapping:
Wes, I haven't made up my mind yet, IHOP and Indianapolis, IHOP and Cincinnati or just straight from my house down 32 to Cincy. Right now I'm leaning towards Indianapolis. Which ever it is, I plan to be there. :music:
It will mean missing our family reunion for the first time since 1968. A guy has to set priorities! :whistling:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=71493#p71493:2cmqx8bv said:
mcgovern61 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:48 am[/url]":2cmqx8bv]
dan filipi":2cmqx8bv said:
mcgovern61":2cmqx8bv said:
I have penciled in the date!! :clapping:
What's up with the pencil :rant:
:smilie_happy: You know my history! Every time I say "Here goes!" something else out of my control pops up! I am inclined to have to wait until closer to late spring before I can fully commit to going (although it is now a planned trip in my book!).
Sharpening the pencil! :yes: (Only issue I am running up against is potential sea trials of a one of our new ferries for delivery in September :whip: )

Nailing down plans here.

This is our route.

From Morris, Il
Rt. 47 to Champaign, Il
I72 to I57 (probably 5 miles)
I57 to Arcola, IL (about 35 miles)
IL 133 to IL 1 at Paris, IL (we call it the "Penny" route)
IL 1 to Lawrenceville, IL
US 50/150 to French Lick

(Click on the map to Google)

Approx 300 miles total, about 40 miles of it is Interstate. The rest mostly 2 lane.

Hopefully Crowesnest3 will be joining us on the first leg, he's coming from Harvard, about 50 miles away.

Anyone can hook up with us along the way, that's awesome.

Latest posts