slow jet extractor

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danf

Reaction score
I have an idea in my pea brain, I ran across these sink knob removers at the hardware store, now I have an idea and you guys can shoot it down or approve it if you think it would work, The 80-81's slow jets [idle jets] are pressed in, I have always just used a easy out bit to extract them, well some have had trouble with that.. Looking at this tool if someone were to drill out the hole that it threads down so it just slides up and down you could place a nut on the top of that bar so when you tighten it, it will come straight up without spinning the bolt thing,,,ok for the jet part, just tap down into the jets head about a 1/4" ....the point of the theaded rod you would need to grind it down and use a die to match the tap, screw it down into the jet until it bottoms out and stop, then just turn the nut and out comes your jet..here's a photo...I need someone with an old set of carbs we could test this on..

im001983.jpg

Freakin A... good stuff think it would work...??? I do believe it will...I think the pressure will be in the knotches where it is, won't it..

littlebeaver":3e2o5pdl said:
Freakin A... good stuff think it would work...??? I do believe it will...I think the pressure will be in the knotches where it is, won't it..
You're right. I was thinking it would be pushing instead of pulling. But no, it will still be pulling. :head bang:

scdmarx":3d2y9hzr said:
littlebeaver":3d2y9hzr said:
You're right. I was thinking it would be pushing instead of pulling. But no, it will still be pulling. :head bang:

No, wait a minute.... :head bang: It will be pushing against the carb body, won't it? In order to pull the jet out?

Ron if the nut and washers are above the bar as shown as is and you turn the nut clockwise the bar will tighten up as the jet pulls up...Joe you're a trip man.. :smilie_happy:

If anyone has a set of no good carbs I can have to test this on, I will pay for shipping..This isn't for me fella's it's for everyone else.. :Egyptian: I'm just trying to help the cause...And give a more professional approach to removing these...ha ha professional :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :Egyptian: :fishin:

It matters not fella's so do you think this idea is bad or good..? Ron you are correct sir on flipping the bar over...ha ha :clapping: :clapping:

SlabGhost here's what we can do ok..if you wish...If you have a drill bit set, can you fit a drill bit to the hole in the top of the jet, use the back of the bit and record the numbers for me, I will get a tap and die one size larger than the bit number you give me, I'm sure you have drill bits :smilie_happy: ...Then I can make the tool here and grind and die the tip, I will then send you the tool and tap and let you try it out on your carbs you have there...Just make sure the drill bit is a tight fit..Sounds like a team work plan to me..It will cost you nothing Slab..And me very little..

Latest posts