slow jet extractor

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just purchased a set of carbs I can test my extractor tool on, I'm hoping to get them next week sometime..They look pretty bad so I'm going to find out for sure..I will document everything and post photo's and I may even make a video..this time I will try to get my wife to focus a little better on the actual jet removal part..

Well I took my break ha ha Here's my jet puller I have a drywall screw in there now for those who love using that method.. You can use a self tapper or you could tap it if you want but I'm going to try the drywall screw first...I might need to get a shorter screw or just block the bottom with a couple of pieces of wood to raise it a little, Ron I flipped the bar over, and added a washer..Here's how I will do it...remove the bracket bottom part that the screw is in, then screw the screw into the jet and get a good bite on it, then put the bracket back on the bolt thingy and put it in place, then just tighten the nut and it should come right up...When I get my carbs I paid for from Glider101, I will try it on those..Might even make a video..Here's a photo of my proto type tool... looks like hell but I bet it works well, the next one will look way better I'm sure.. :smilie_happy:

It's wasn't hard making that thing, I wanted heavy steel, I think the guys that pull these use fine thread drywall screws, the one in this photo is a course screw..Not a good one I don't think to use, I just put it there to show and tell.. I hope I hear about my carbs soon.. I wonder if short mini screws would grab that sucker, it's probably set down too far for those..Any screw will work with this, Hell you can use this to extract a piston in the rear master cylinder if it's stuck in there I bet, or even pull a bearing I bet..Think about it..