Stay At home

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilcoy02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is every one coping with staying at home?

I have gotten some of those projects done that I was always going to do later.

Nice thing about a bike is we can ride it and not be in any crowds. We took off on a 100 mile ride and went to a farm pond to do some fishing. We fished at least 10 foot part. Nice weather for a ride.

What have you done to get out of the house?

i've been working on the golden turd, had mini adventures on the Mighty CT 70, got most of the large debris in the backyard cleaned up, and today I got the Mighty ST 1300 fired up

Attachments

• 20200401_130006.jpg
    20200401_130006.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 162
  • 20200401_124148.jpg
    20200401_124148.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 160
  • 20200401_122931.jpg
    20200401_122931.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 159
They call my electrical trade "essential" so I'll head out IF I get called. Big IF, the phone has been dead silent.

I have been taking opportunity to work at a school I do certain repairs and maintenance for, the place is a ghost town so no problem keeping distance.

Been doing some things around the house. Some smooth wall over texture, and painting.

I'm never board, always plenty that needs done.

Actually got out twice today. Once to go to the drive-through county clerk's office to get replacement plates, followed by drug store for pickup of wife's and my drugs. On the way home, wife called and asked me to go help the oldest daughter with one of her mowers. So not knowing the problem or even if it was ASE, metric, or an electrical problem I sacked up a bunch of tools and went there. They had all three belts off (a big zero-turn) and couldn't get them back on. Took a couple hours of wrestling, but got her back going.

Tomorrow I go pick up the front wheel with new tire mounted. Then I can try Johnny 5 out!

Spent the day repairing the engine cradle on a Fiero. 32 years of road salt nearly destroyed one mounting tower, so I scraped, ground, wire brushed, cut new metal and shaped to fit, then wire-welded it all together. Tomorrow, I clean up everything and paint the cradle to slow down future rust.

After that, I start prepping the different engine for the car. Pic shows why.

That hunk of metal to the right is an oil pump! (filter is in oil pan).

Attachments

• Broken 1.jpg
    Broken 1.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 145
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=216426#p216426:l271w5e9 said:
Tom_Charlton » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:31 pm[/url]":l271w5e9]
Spent the day repairing the engine cradle on a Fiero. 32 years of road salt nearly destroyed one mounting tower, so I scraped, ground, wire brushed, cut new metal and shaped to fit, then wire-welded it all together. Tomorrow, I clean up everything and paint the cradle to slow down future rust.

After that, I start prepping the different engine for the car. Pic shows why.

That hunk of metal to the right is an oil pump! (filter is in oil pan).
file.php
Wire brush it off, should be good as new. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Working from home is not a change for me. When our New Jersey office closed, I was sent home to work as a remote employee. Desk setup in one of the bedrooms/office. Two computers, three monitors and I am working. My main office is in Walpole, MA but I work all sites remotely and only travel to ships when required. The vast majority of my work is 8-5, M-F right at my desk. (That is why taking rides on the bike were so important!)

IMG_0005.JPG

Very little riding here due to weather. Set a record with 12 days of rain in a row, 2nd wettest March on record. Been cleaning out the garage this week, about 1/2 done. Not gone batty yet :)

No riding with snow, rain and really cold temps. But glued to the market. Picked up a few stocks on the 18th when the world ended :shock: With 10million folks newly out of work in the last two weeks could certainly put a damper on things. But the market has been trained trillions will flow to cover companies malfeasants over the last decade.

I have been telecommuting for several years so no change there.
But now all of my colleagues in Long Island NY also telecommute.

Went out to keep my bikes' carbs from messing up. Just a short ride around the block (3 miles.)
That was already a week ago.

Other than that, I don't go out. Shopping is done by my wife.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=216420#p216420:qy9imvb8 said:
wilcoy02 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:20 pm[/url]":qy9imvb8]
Nice thing about a bike is we can ride it and not be in any crowds. We took off on a 100 mile ride and went to a farm pond to do some fishing. We fished at least 10 foot part. Nice weather for a ride.

I was wondering if I could do that.
Practically speaking, riding a motorcycle is a perfect social distancing.
But I am not sure if that's socially acceptable in this climate.

Nothing to tinker with on my bikes so I am a bit bored.
Maybe I should darkside my Oldwing. Oh no. That means I need to buy a car tire and get it mounted.

Been watching the Granddaughter for the past 3 weeks (her day-care is shut down) today was chilly but sunny so she and I went outside to pick up sticks for an hour or so, think I wore her outbut on second thought it might be vica-versa cause I can't keep my eyes open writing this or surfing our web page :lazy: :lazy: :lazy:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=216437#p216437:pytxy4w4 said:
Winger 82 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:43 pm[/url]":pytxy4w4]
Been watching the Granddaughter for the past 3 weeks (her day-care is shut down) today was chilly but sunny so she and I went outside to pick up sticks for an hour or so, think I wore her outbut on second thought it might be vica-versa cause I can't keep my eyes open writing this or surfing our web page :lazy: :lazy: :lazy:

That's funny if say she won also LOL I've been taking care of handicapped person who lost her at home care over the virus crap..she would be the first pic up if this nonsense gets crazier ..

desk.jpg
We're classified as 'critical infrastructure' so we're still open 24/7, but most of us are working from home. All the scheduled road assignments have been postponed indefinitely. Three days this week I was sent on emergency action, but fortunately, I'm not working in close proximity to anyone for these things.

Since our other stuff is on hold, I'm working on development of training materials and video segments for our service people. Yeah, this is my 'simple' home system dwarfs our company office consoles, but then again, if I need to get 'serious' work done, I have much more horsepower here. At the office, I spend lots of time waiting for the machines. Can you tell that I'm impatient? :smilie_happy:

Looks like weather will be nice tomorrow and Sunday... I expect I'll wake up my '84 and rotate the tires for an hour or so... there's been quite a few out in the last week... it's good, safe therapy. :moped:

But I DID schedule an appointment for Monday at the blood center... they're running dangerously low, which right now, is not a good thing, so Nick and I will donate a pint each for someone who desperately needs it.

I'm still out there working full time. I drive a fuel tanker...our smaller trucks are not as busy as all construction has been stopped, but I primarily chase towboats up and down the river & fuel them up so i'm still getting some overtime. The only "good" thing I can say is that with the "stay at home" order every day on the road is like Sunday morning...very little traffic anywhere!

Latest posts