The full story of the Hooch build

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=82716#p82716:3gp9xn6e said:
slabghost » Tue May 28, 2013 3:17 pm[/url]":3gp9xn6e]So happy to know Hooch is no longer an exercise bike.

Joe certainly got a lot of exercise hauling Hooch into and out of the Doghouse! :smilie_happy:

okay today got some loose ends tied up ...got drive shaft clipped finally had to custom make a tool ...sheesh...glad that's over ....got the muffler mounting spaced for the wider 1200 now I can see that this muffler system might stay on after some fix up to it ....

now the lights in the back are the cnly thing keeping me off the road .....seems the light box is goog but the fenale block plug is not good from bike so im going to rewire it ...and get rid rid of the Honda connector ....

seems this bike sat a long time in conditions that was very bad for the connectors everywhere on this bike

sorry mikee 77 1000 mufflers will never work ...they wont separate in the middle like the 78and up systems the one on hooch is a 79 hack job system that was rusted bad and pluged up ....

well as thing go smoothly a last second surprise happen the starter failed and started running slower and stop right when I had my helmet on for a ride ....sheesh ....I had another starter but its was toast a rather new looking china junk starter ...and yes there junk ......loose fitting crap

anyway looking over info in tech gallery and looking into things :mrgreen:

well went for the first long ride with hooch ...the starter work out well ....... hooch ran well to say the least ...traveled great at 70 mph ...from there it move out like its in first gear or something ....nice

:good: :salute: :yahoo: :party: :yahoo: :salute: :good:
:moped: :moped: :moped: :moped: :moped: :moped: :moped:

Latest posts